Back to the Future Guitars

I think it's just a dark mirroring, since the screws have a silver reflective color.

Thanks! Also, could anybody help em find something? Not sure if it exists, but would like to change my humbucker screws, I feel like the heads are not big enough. The screws I'd need would be of that size: thread diameter: 2mm / head diameter : 5mm / thread length: 27mm

Been looking everywhere, but can't find anything, not sure if I'm searching right...

Last edited:
No mate. The seller used the incorrect neck size and refused to change it. I lost my deposit, but I wasn't going to pay for something that wasn't spot on. The rest was fine, and i got the proper scratch plate and bracket too, shame.

View attachment 553142

Well that's a real downer. I hope some time in the future you get things exactly how you want.

Alright! Someone from my city was selling an Epiphone E 345 for a decent price! So I just went for it! It sounds sooo nice! err, I played it for an hour when I got it haha

There are a few things to add and change, I might be able to move the jack exit to the front too, that shouldn't be too difficult hopefully! By the way are the 4 knobs meant to have the top silver or gold?

DSC_0415.jpg

I might get the correct bigsby in a few months, these are expensive xD

Hi, Your best bet is to visit a guitar shop and speak to the luthier (spelling?) as they have boxes of spares and screws, thats how I got my accurate EVH vol knob for one of my guitar builds... Without knowing the proper name for the screws they are hard to search for online, most luthiers will just give them to you too.
[sorry this is in relation to your humbucker screws Emma - I should have quoted your message first!!]

Okay, so after a few websites and looking over 200 pages on ebay, I finally found the humbucker I was looking for.
It's great to see someone with as much dedication as me in finding the right parts. I looked at 400 pages of ebay items to find Marty's tie clip and everyone thought I was crazy :).
It is an awesome feeling when you find what you are looking for huh?

I know this is a BTTF guitar thread but thought I'd post this little gem here for you to see seeing it directly relates to guitars :)
Took me a while to find all the right parts and I still have some finishing to do on it to make it even more screen accurate but its come together just like the image in my head.
You can play guitar through it too. When you plug into the vintage Gibson amp the jack is wired into a plug that then plugs into a Fender frontman 212 amp mounted behind the front panel. This then runs the two 12" drivers seen at the bottom of the speaker. Its loud as hell too :). The top 10" drivers, 4 4" mids and 2 horn tweeters are run into a bluetooth amp so you can stream music or sounds to it. In some of the pics you will see the Chiquita still has the white hardware on it. I've since changed this to black. I also custom made the black curly guitar lead as seen in the movie with metal 90 degree flat jack and metal heavy duty jack.
Its hard to see in the photos but the CRM-114 amp has the mesh at the top and bottom openings

IMG_3095_zpsso2s4xhj.jpgIMG_3081_zpskvblz3dh.jpgIMG_3100_zpsujgb73sz.jpgIMG_3082_zpso6omt9mk.jpgIMG_3148_zps8dbchyq5.jpgIMG_3087_zpsvrrtrbmh.jpgIMG_3088_zpsh4s8zfmg.jpgIMG_3086_zpsoxqcqyrh.jpgIMG_3151_zpsbqjahf7v.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is a BTTF guitar thread but thought I'd post this little gem here for you to see seeing it directly relates to guitars :)
Took me a while to find all the right parts and I still have some finishing to do on it to make it even more screen accurate but its come together just like the image in my head.
You can play guitar through it too. When you plug into the vintage Gibson amp the jack is wired into a plug that then plugs into a Fender frontman 212 amp mounted behind the front panel. This then runs the two 12" drivers seen at the bottom of the speaker. Its loud as hell too :). The top 10" drivers, 4 4" mids and 2 horn tweeters are run into a bluetooth amp so you can stream music or sounds to it. In some of the pics you will see the Chiquita still has the white hardware on it. I've since changed this to black. I also custom made the black curly guitar lead as seen in the movie with metal 90 degree flat jack and metal heavy duty jack.
Its hard to see in the photos but the CRM-114 amp has the mesh at the top and bottom openings

View attachment 691112View attachment 691120View attachment 691119View attachment 691118View attachment 691117View attachment 691116View attachment 691115View attachment 691114View attachment 691113View attachment 691121

We can't see the attachments. But aren't you the guy who made the huge amp? Seen pictures on Facebook. It's super rad haha. Wish I had the place to have something like this x)

Alright! Someone from my city was selling an Epiphone E 345 for a decent price! So I just went for it! It sounds sooo nice! err, I played it for an hour when I got it haha

There are a few things to add and change, I might be able to move the jack exit to the front too, that shouldn't be too difficult hopefully! By the way are the 4 knobs meant to have the top silver or gold?

https://s24.postimg.org/4xrurut05/DSC_0415.jpg

I might get the correct bigsby in a few months, these are expensive xD

Nice Emma. It's actually quite difficult to determine the color of the knobs. I've seen pictures of real Gibsons with both colors so it's hard to say what the screen used ones were. I went with gold.

We can't see the attachments. But aren't you the guy who made the huge amp? Seen pictures on Facebook. It's super rad haha. Wish I had the place to have something like this x)

Yeah that's me. I didn't expect it to go so crazy when it got shared :). I was able to get my hands on some Polaroids taken during filming that showed a lot of the amp and speaker you can't see in the movie plus saw some construction drawings of how big it was etc. I think I managed to get the photos to work now so check back up at that post. You don't realise how big it actually is until you stand beside it. That Marty/Darth Vader from Planet Vulcan mannequin is 6'2" tall next to it

View attachment 691815View attachment 691816View attachment 691817View attachment 691818View attachment 691819View attachment 691820View attachment 691821View attachment 691822View attachment 691823

Oh. My. God. I thought I've seen it all with BTTF fan stuff, but this is incredible!!! Wow!!!!

Is every knob , button, and switch functional?

Not everything... I'm currently work with an electronics guru to do the following:
When you put the key in like Marty does and turn it the green light will light up and it will power up the VU meters seen on the top aluminium panel and maybe light up some of the gauges (gauges used the same as the movie don't actually come with lights in them so this maybe too difficult and I don't recall them lighting up in the movie). The VU meters will actually work too.
The next thing (amplifier humming sound) will be activated from flicking switches as seen in the same order Marty does. Flicking the first switch will activate the sound that will be an audio grab from the movie looped. Each dial turned will increase the volume of the hum and then with the last two red covered toggle switches I hope to have them operating with resistors so when they are switched they will cut the resistance [to the volume] and instantly increase the volume of the hum.
In theory it should sound like it does in the movie and only alter when switches or dials are interacted with.

Do you guys think it' worth it changing the head of the epiphone into a gibson one? I know a guitar maker willing to do it for a reasonable price, well it would still be cheaper than a gibson anyway x)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back