Babylon 5 machined aluminium PPG kits??

Orion13

I've been searching around on here and the net for a while and have been seeing these machined metal PPG kits. Having looked into these, I noticed that most of the threads about them are several years old and not much mention is made of them recently.
I know a member here used to make them, are these kits still available???
Would love to have a metal PPG and not one of these resin recasts that are fairly common
Thanks

IIRC, Nicksdad was the member behind that run, but I was under the impression that project had concluded years ago. Guess it couldn't hurt to shoot a PM at him. Might want to consider starting a "WTB" thread in the JunkYard, as well. There may be someone willing to part with theirs...

I was considering having a look for Nicksdad and his pg kits, though Id ask here first to see if there were any current runs just in case :)

shot a PM off his way this morning, will see what that yields, does anyone know how much the kits cost back when they were done??

having herd back from Nicksdad, sadly it was a one off run several years ago so no more are readily available.
It seems that the only easily available ones are resin cast. I had noticed this one keeps cropping up on eBay, does anyone know if these casts are any good / are a recast?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161388881978?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is scifi-models aka lovemywall_co_uk aka geordiescot1

http://www.therpf.com/f9/ebay-selle...ll_co_uk-aka-geordiescot1-148323/#post2263531

Terrible quality / recasts.

Did you ever think of trying to build one yourself? I have plans to build one In the not to far future.

Well if there was enough of a desire for them, I would consider doing a small run of resin castings of my original Hero PPG. But I would need to get the stuff together to mold it and make the castings.
PPG.jpg

Not a recast of a recast, but a directly off my original.

Terry

I had plans to build one of these myself a couple of years ago. Never got the chance. Here's a couple drawings I had worked up if they're any help. I think I stopped because I had trouble locating the Pachmayr Compac grips.

Attachments

• PPG left.jpg
    PPG left.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 414
  • PPG right.jpg
    PPG right.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 342
Well if there was enough of a desire for them, I would consider doing a small run of resin castings of my original Hero PPG. But I would need to get the stuff together to mold it and make the castings.

Terry[/QUOTE]

I can attest to the quality of his castings, having bought a finished one from him a while back. Well worth the money, and it was a first-gen casting of a screen-used original. Can't go wrong with that :)

I think I would be up for a cast from a original prop, much better than a recast of a recast.

Actually, no I would most CERTAINLY be up for one of those, have you considered a ltd run thread in the junkyard to gauge interest?

View attachment 364408

Terry

Hey Terry. small question please. have you ever taken the grips off this gun? I would almost kill to get a look at how the thin metal part sandwiched between the grips. goes Into the rest of the body frame...

Hey Terry. small question please. have you ever taken the grips off this gun? I would almost kill to get a look at how the thin metal part sandwiched between the grips. goes Into the rest of the body frame...

Sean,
Yes I have taken it completely apart. Here are a couple pictures that show it without the grips:
kppg1.JPGkppg3.JPGkppg10.JPG

Terry

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back