AVP2

Ambush

Last night I was bored so I decided to head to blockbuster, my brother told me not to get AVP2 because it was such a poor film, but I ignored him and bought myself a copy.... The film was so really bad and the ending was just a huge let down!

Does anyone agree with me on this??

Your rather late to the party, i think most people agree. But in fairness it did have a few redeeming features.... The wolf being the main one.

And what was with the wolf shooting humans??? He wasn't on a hunt! He was on a mission to get rid of evidence and kill the aliens.

And what was with the wolf shooting humans??? He wasn't on a hunt! He was on a mission to get rid of evidence and kill the aliens.

Well the girl he sliced was an accident and as is the predator way, any threat is a target i suppose, i don't recall him killing any unarmed people?? Unfortunately the directors decided that he wouldn't be able to hit naff all anyway (alien at power plant)......

You just saw AVPR for the first time? What rock have you been under lol! J/k - you are right on all the comments but the one good thing about the movie is that we got the Wolf Predator out of it AND Ian White did a fantastic job of moving around the way a Pred should...

yeah I saw that ages ago 100% agree the wolf was the only coolest thing in that film the human characters suck so much LOL

The story had so much more potential. Like everyone else says the Wolf was a fantastic character. He brought back what many love about the Predator character to the AVP movies. But, I have to say for an experienced hunter he really got his ass blind sided by the Predalien way too much. Anyone else think that?

I agree with you all about the Wolf character; My "BIG" complaint was the movie itself was too damn dark. I was pretty pissed walking out of the theater having paid 9.00 to watch action scenes that I couldn't even SEE!!!! The Strause Brothers are definitely FIRED in my book.

The story had so much more potential. Like everyone else says the Wolf was a fantastic character. He brought back what many love about the Predator character to the AVP movies. But, I have to say for an experienced hunter he really got his ass blind sided by the Predalien way too much. Anyone else think that?

Ya I never understood that...If memory serves correct wolf is an elder and he is ment to "clean up" messes. When an alien (yes a hybrid but mainly still an alien) is able to get the best of him...that is just stupid. Truthfully it should have been something he was able to do on his lunch break.

Ya I never understood that...If memory serves correct wolf is an elder and he is ment to "clean up" messes. When an alien (yes a hybrid but mainly still an alien) is able to get the best of him...that is just stupid. Truthfully it should have been something he was able to do on his lunch break.
In every Predator movie the Predator gets it, no matter who his opponent is. So the argument that a Pred is the better fighter on paper doesn't mean a thing when he's surrounded by human characters.

You'd think that a well organized army with advanced weapons and armored vehicles and the accomplishment of annihilating every Jedi in the galaxy would not be beat by rock trowing teddybears, but we all know how that ended up.

IF THIS ALIEN/PRED IS A HYBRED THEN WHY AINT WE CALLING ALL THE HUMANS,DOGS,COWS IMPREGNATED BY FACE HUGGERS HYBREDS WHY ONLY THE ALIEN/PRED?,THE VICTEM IS ONLY A HOST FOR THE PARASITE INSIDE.The phorid fly turns fire ants into zombies by laying eggs inside them. When the larvae hatch, they eat their way to the ant's brain, which they also eat, leaving the fiery bastards to wander around like zombies before dying,does this make this fly a hybred???noooooooo!!!!!! :) ;) :D

Wolf was an amazing character with amazing fighting skills (c'mon, he took on two Aliens in CQC and they only won with help from the PredAlien) and weapons. That whip, the laser nets and the gravity fist are awesome. I just wish he had been able to use the fist on an alien, what a mess that would of made!

Still, the script sucked, like really sucked. At the end when the Predator and PredAlien just got obliterated, just like that, that was crap. It would have been better if the Predator had broken away, armed his detonator (if it worked) then lunged forward and push it into the beasts mouth. Cliched I know, but it would have been a damm sight better.

I think what it boils down to is that the Predator is ment to be a villain. Even though here on the Lair he's a hero to all the other people in the world he's just an alien and they pay close attention to such details.

In every Predator movie the Predator gets it, no matter who his opponent is. So the argument that a Pred is the better fighter on paper doesn't mean a thing when he's surrounded by human characters.

You'd think that a well organized army with advanced weapons and armored vehicles and the accomplishment of annihilating every Jedi in the galaxy would not be beat by rock trowing teddybears, but we all know how that ended up.

The Predator "GETS" it in all the movies minus the first. In the original movie the Predator gets the last laugh. He fails to kill Dutch but, was able to do what Predators do when cornered. Also, it's not that predators are better on paper but, it's their "JOB" to be fighters. And Predators hunt humans. That was a fact from the first movie too. Why would human characters suddenly change things?

And George Lucas had some horrid writing for certain parts for his movies. . .it makes my heart cry.

The Predator "GETS" it in all the movies minus the first. In the original movie the Predator gets the last laugh. He fails to kill Dutch but, was able to do what Predators do when cornered. Also, it's not that predators are better on paper but, it's their "JOB" to be fighters. And Predators hunt humans. That was a fact from the first movie too. Why would human characters suddenly change things?
The Predator lost in the first one. Yeah moral victory for the fanboys, but getting crushed by a large boulder isn't a victory in my book. P1 killed Hopper's team, killed Dutch' team, but then he lost from a guy using mud and a bow. And that's the human factor. If a movie only has aliens and predators and no human character we could relate to, sure the Predator would probably win. However since every movie does feature humans, they are the ones who win in the end. No matter how elite, strong, old, powerful, skilled the Predator is. So should've Wolf beaten the Predalien? Maybe he should have. But he didn't because some scumbag threw a bomb on his ass.
And George Lucas had some horrid writing for certain parts for his movies. . .it makes my heart cry.
It's not bad writing it's the golden rule of Hollywood that the underdog must win. Every movie featuring an evil empire and a handful of rebels will have the rebels win. Because ultimately an army that has won dozens of battles with equally skilled armies and has conquered half the world will suffer defeat by peasants with pitchforks. In Hollywood it's easy to take a whole building hostage or an airport. It's easy to blow up Wallstreet and steal 4000 tons of gold. Hack the whole united States, piece of cake. However stopping one cop with a drinking problem, that's something nobody can accomplish.

So I like the discussions of how badass a certain Predator is and I love how everybody finds the Predator race unbeatable, but the movie were the main Predator polishes the skull of the main human character on the trip back to his homeplanet has yet to be made.

The Predator lost in the first one. Yeah moral victory for the fanboys, but getting crushed by a large boulder isn't a victory in my book. P1 killed Hopper's team, killed Dutch' team, but then he lost from a guy using mud and a bow. And that's the human factor. If a movie only has aliens and predators and no human character we could relate to, sure the Predator would probably win. However since every movie does feature humans, they are the ones who win in the end. No matter how elite, strong, old, powerful, skilled the Predator is. So should've Wolf beaten the Predalien? Maybe he should have. But he didn't because some scumbag threw a bomb on his ass.

It's not bad writing it's the golden rule of Hollywood that the underdog must win. Every movie featuring an evil empire and a handful of rebels will have the rebels win. Because ultimately an army that has won dozens of battles with equally skilled armies and has conquered half the world will suffer defeat by peasants with pitchforks. In Hollywood it's easy to take a whole building hostage or an airport. It's easy to blow up Wallstreet and steal 4000 tons of gold. Hack the whole united States, piece of cake. However stopping one cop with a drinking problem, that's something nobody can accomplish.

So I like the discussions of how badass a certain Predator is and I love how everybody finds the Predator race unbeatable, but the movie were the main Predator polishes the skull of the main human character on the trip back to his homeplanet has yet to be made.

Normally I'd agree that movies need human characters to help you relate to the characters. But, when the characters are so forgettable and shallow as they were in both AVP movies why even have them?

I never said the Predator won in the first movie. That's you putting words in my mouth.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back