Avengers Movie SPOILER Thread

One thing kinda bothered me. When Cap got cornered by Loki's controlled goons on the helicarrier and he got the machine gun, he kind of flailed around as he was shooting and wasn't very accurate. You'd think he'd be a better shot. :facepalm

He was suppressing them. Suppression fire doesn't have to be accurate, it just needs to make the bad guys keep their heads down and give you some breathing room.

Kinda sad we didn't get that at our showing. Would have been a nice ending after all that.

Did you see an early screening? Cause I know when I saw the early screening of Captain America they cut out the hidden ending on us and I had to go see it again to see it.

Then again I saw it in IMAX 3D last night could be an exclusive but I don't know I'm sure it wasn't.

Final estimates are in - Avengers, biggest opening weekend ever, and it's not even a holiday weekend. Beat the 2nd place flick by 192 mil....Avengers weekend total, 200.3M.

WOW!

How did Thor come back? If the teserack was in loki's possession, how did thor make it back?

Loki said something like "boy you must have had fun getting here".

If I remember right, in Marvel comics Sharon Carter, of SHIELD, was the daughter of Peggy Carter. Now she'd have to be the granddaughter. She's also the 'mother' of American Dream, the female Cap.

The old guy who found Banner was Harry Dean Stanton. I thought he was dead.

Last edited:
I did anyone else recognize that the old guy who gave Banner clothes was Harry Dean Stanton from ALIEN? When he asked Banner "Are you an alien?" I had a major nerdgasm.

One thing kinda bothered me. When Cap got cornered by Loki's controlled goons on the helicarrier and he got the machine gun, he kind of flailed around as he was shooting and wasn't very accurate. You'd think he'd be a better shot. :facepalm

Cap had no cover whatsoever so the best he could manage was suppression fire, keep the infiltrators heads down until Iron Man could finish his repairs.

Also as I understand it, War Machine wasn't in this because he's to play a major role in Iron Man 3 and possibly his own Movie.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back