Avengers Loki - 9/11 FULL ARMOR COMPLETE!

Re: Massive Loki Avengers costume build

Awesome work man....question are you wearing Frank Thomas' boots in this pic?

Awesome work man....question are you wearing Frank Thomas' boots in this pic?

Yep, those are the Thomas Titans. Just something to hold me over until I get around to something different.

Speaking of boots, they are all finished now. I am only waiting on my wig to arrive!

7085930815_2f4f27918b_b.jpg

Ooh, nice picture! I still need to figure out what we're doing about a wig ... probably I'm going to try altering one myself.

This looks awesome! How much was the total cost?

That's a good question, one I could probably never put a finger on. $300 alone was wasted trying to develop a part of this in rubber, only to find the design wasn't perfect, then switched to finding a means of etching it into leather.

But aside from the material costs, there is the issue of cost in time. The armored plates up the leg alone were insane. Especially due to the fact that I was only casting from a mold of 6 at a time.

Ooh, nice picture! I still need to figure out what we're doing about a wig ... probably I'm going to try altering one myself.

Ha, wig...I am growing my hair out just to do this costume! Now, if I can just get the outer tunic done! I spent another 4 hours on it and still didn't finish it! Maybe I should start my thread soon...if I finish that out tunic!

Lookin good there SC.

Ha, wig...I am growing my hair out just to do this costume!

Unfortunately my husband is of the early balding type, so that won't work :-( Though it does mean that with a wig, we should be able to get the correct hairline.

Really nice, man.
Would you mind posting a couple more pictures of your shoe sculpt? I really liked it and just wanted to see the whole design.

Really nice, man.
Would you mind posting a couple more pictures of your shoe sculpt? I really liked it and just wanted to see the whole design.

Really nice, man.

I actually don't have very many pictures of it. I've not touched them since I began the rough sculpt, and probably won't get around to doing so for a bit.
Right now all I want to do is begin the new helmet and the weapon. It's too bad I can use the helmet & armor from the previous movie, but then again these new updates look a bit more aggressive to me.

tumblr_m2qi42O7ky1r2ghuco1_500.jpg

I actually got a really cool shot yesterday. :) I was just on the opposite side of the road by accident.
tumblr_m34gsdkGbA1r2ghuco1_500.png

Re: Avengers Loki costume - Helmet begins 5/1

Well now that I have a better idea of what is going on on all sides of the helmet, I started sculpting the new one tonight.

tumblr_m3dfl3tgAF1r2ghuco1_500.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back