Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Well, even though it was initially announced as a two parter the Russos later misdirected announcing that each film would "stand alone." It fooled me into thinking it's no longer a two parter. So I was fooled.

And I'm glad they did because I think there would have been much less suspense if I knew it was going to be continued in another movie.

Geez. I had folks only stunned by what they saw but nobody complained in my crowd.
Honestly? It turned into a shouting match

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The theater I was in was DEAD SILENT when the movie ended. I've never seen anything like that after a movie. You could hear a pin drop.

no dead silent in the theatre that i went to. i heard a lot people saying "what happened" and "that's it"

My theater was a mix of reactions.

I was dead silent from the moment Thanos snapped his fingers to the after-credit scene. Some of my friends were in disbelief, chatting about it. Some of them were crying. This is basically how the whole theater was.

But no one was yelling "Refund" or any complaints like that. No shouting matches.

BTW....it's on.

Last edited by a moderator:
My theater was a mix of reactions.

I was dead silent from the moment Thanos snapped his fingers to the after-credit scene. Some of my friends were in disbelief, chatting about it. Some of them were crying. This is basically how the whole theater was.

But no one was yelling "Refund" or any complaints like that. No shouting matches.

BTW....it's on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ-zAOnxikU

Love their review of the film. Very glad they all really enjoyed it.

I saw it again this afternoon and it's so damn good. The ending is shocking and haunting, and I still can't believe it ends like that.

Guess I'm in the minority; I thought it was entertaining, but other than that it was ok.
I don't get the emotional reaction to the loss of characters as there's no real stakes here. Everyone will be coming back as the characters who disappeared have sequels to make.

This movie was flat out amazing. I went with my girlfriend who doesn't know much about the MCU and she wants to see it again. I'd definitely see it again. The pacing was so fast and so relentless. I had my doubts about how they'd fit that many plots and characters into one movie. They pulled it off with precision accuracy.

This movie makes me weep for how Disney has handled Star Wars.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I couldnt agree more.

This movie was flat out amazing. I went with my girlfriend who doesn't know much about the MCU and she wants to see it again. I'd definitely see it again. The pacing was so fast and so relentless. I had my doubts about how they'd fit that many plots and characters into one movie. They pulled it off with precision accuracy.

Guess I'm in the minority; I thought it was entertaining, but other than that it was ok.
I don't get the emotional reaction to the loss of characters as there's no real stakes here. Everyone will be coming back as the characters who disappeared have sequels to make.

If you are a Marvel fan you know that there are sequels planned. That almost goes without saying. They've announced them. If you've read the comics then you'll know that "Infinity War I " tracks the basic storyline, but there are changes.
Nevertheless Marvel is so successful at casting the right actor for each character, that the fans could not but help empathize with the loss of that persons life however fictional it is on the screen. You suspend your "disbelief". Which is what all very good stories manage to do. There is a measureable sense of loss. I know I felt it ,even when I have a reasonable sense of what is to come in the next movie.
There is no doubt however that some of these deaths are permanent, others not so much. Some of the reactions have been very charged, particularly about the Black Panther ,I've read some ridiculous comments, BUT that only goes to prove how hugely popular he is/was/has become in a very short space of time. That is the power of a good movie it elevates the character and the story. Can you imagine the strength of feeling there is going to be within the next film because of all that has been lost in this one, when those heroes are returned to us?
However , for certain characters to return ,there are very likely going to be further losses very likely from those surviving Avengers and they will hurt. If this one has kicked us in the guts, I suspect the next is going to both heal and break our hearts simultaneously, which is quite the trick when you think about it.

Yes, but it took them 18 films (and decades of source material) get to this point.

We can't forget that comic book movies are mining thousands of stories for their source material.

A star wars movie IS the source material. And to me, that means they need to take more care in what they are doing. Which they clearly do not

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you are a Marvel fan you know that there are sequels planned. That almost goes without saying. They've announced them. If you've read the comics then you'll know that "Infinity War I " tracks the basic storyline, but there are changes.
Nevertheless Marvel is so successful at casting the right actor for each character, that the fans could not but help empathize with the loss of that persons life however fictional it is on the screen. You suspend your "disbelief". Which is what all very good stories manage to do. There is a measureable sense of loss. I know I felt it ,even when I have a reasonable sense of what is to come in the next movie.
There is no doubt however that some of these deaths are permanent, others not so much. Some of the reactions have been very charged, particularly about the Black Panther ,I've read some ridiculous comments, BUT that only goes to prove how hugely popular he is/was/has become in a very short space of time. That is the power of a good movie it elevates the character and the story. Can you imagine the strength of feeling there is going to be within the next film because of all that has been lost in this one, when those heroes are returned to us?
However , for certain characters to return ,there are very likely going to be further losses very likely from those surviving Avengers and they will hurt. If this one has kicked us in the guts, I suspect the next is going to both heal and break our hearts simultaneously, which is quite the trick when you think about it.
I didn't get any sense of loss. Everything felt forced to me as if the Marvel screenwriting is on autopilot now days. Now it's just dumb one-liner jokes and cliches.
Winter Soldier and Civil War still stand out as the best Marvel movies IMO.

For the people who loved it, I'm glad you walked away with that feeling. My wife and I both just thought it was ok.

wow. This movie was amazing. I'm still struck by how many components where in play and yet it didn't feel overwhelming. This was a tough editing job and they pulled it off.

I am still very conflicted on this movie.
I can’t think of another film that is so amazing, spectacular and blah all at the same time. They do everything right with fitting all the characters in, but I equate it like too much of a good thing. You can LOVE eating cake but if you eat it all the time for 10 years it becomes blah. It doesn’t meant it’s not still amazing, but the impact was lessened

It's relative. There was a big impact, but it IS mitigated knowing there's still another:

-Black Panther
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Spiderman
-Dr Strange (presumably anyhow, can't imagine they'd end with one)

I'm sure some will die in the end, but clearly i think those who vanished return. Those who die, likely die in the final battle

I didn't get any sense of loss. Everything felt forced to me as if the Marvel screenwriting is on autopilot now days. Now it's just dumb one-liner jokes and cliches.
Winter Soldier and Civil War still stand out as the best Marvel movies IMO.

For the people who loved it, I'm glad you walked away with that feeling. My wife and I both just thought it was ok.

tumblr_ncb21xGiQX1qzpsuoo1_r1_250.gif

The theater I was in was DEAD SILENT when the movie ended. I've never seen anything like that after a movie. You could hear a pin drop.
I don't know about you, but it's hard to hear a pin drop with music running t the end credits.

Kidding....

It seems like A LOT of the audiences are living under a rock to not know this was half the story and that it was pretty clearly announced this storyline was going to be told over the course of 2 films. Is this really anything new??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

... it was pretty clearly announced this storyline was going to be told over the course of 2 films.

Was it? I know that this is a two-part story because I'm into this sort of thing, but point me to some marketing that explicitly states that this is part one of two.

Even the end only says that Thanos will return. Not "To be concluded...". I feel like the marketing hasn't really pointed out that fact, although it went right by me because I've been operating for the past few years on the knowledge that IW was coming in two-parts.

When you say "A LOT" of audiences seem to be unaware that part two is coming next Summer, to me, that would indicate that it hasn't really been effectively communicated.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back