Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
I’ll disagree on it being pure conjecture. Your interpretation may differ, but whenever Gamora, Wong, Dr. Strange, Nebula or anyone else “in the know” talk about the consequences of Thanos getting all six gems, it’s all framed as “His power will be limitless. Period.”
That still doesn’t say he can do absolutely anything at any time instantaneously. “Degree of power”, in the sense of being “limitless” is a mathematical scalar. It speaks nothing of the dimensionality of it’s limitlessness.
And, again, when you are the master of time, does “instantaneous” really mean anything anymore?
When you try to contort semantics to bolster your argument instead of addressing what is evendent you’re only being disingenuous.
Does the IG *really* require a fist or a finger-snap to work? Or is that just a physiological manifestation of Thanos’ concentration and focus? Do you actually need to furrow your eyebrows to think harder?
Since the latter would make for more logical inconsistency it stands to reason that the former condition is more plausible.
Of course, Gamora talking about “snapping fingers” was a plot tool to telegraph what was happening when he actually snapped.
Whether it’s true or not I don’t get your point.
Negligible in his “grand scheme”? Arguably.
Yes. If you are trying to test the plausibility of the premise this is where the argument ends.
But I think Markus & McFeely could have made a stronger case for “feeling for Thanos” if they showed him going out of his way to avoid millions or billions of ancillary deaths that were not required for his plan. Make no mistake, his plan is horrifying and must be prevented, of course, but it certainly would have added an fascinating (IMO) extra layer to the character if he took pains to make sure no one suffered unnecessarily.
No. Thanos makes a point to assure this selection is purely random. His ethics divorces him from allowing sentiment to affect the quality of his decision. He sees himself as an impartial executor of a beneficent principle. (Perhaps not unlike Themis, in that respect). Applying exceptions and conditions would seem a violation of that principle.

Thanos cares not about your sympathy.

Last edited:
My prediction:

Out of the 14,000,605 possible futures that Strange saw, only one resulted in victory for the good guys.

We are seeing that specific future unravel.

In order to beat Thanos, he has to win. He has to get what he wants, and the cost has to be so dear that it crushes him and makes him wonder if winning was worth the cost.

Killing Gamora and ruling over his empire without her there to pass that empire to is what breaks him.In the end, I bet he will sacrifice himself to bring her back, and in doing so, completely undo what he did since her death.

That, or another option.

Thor goes full Berzerker Rage and completely destroys Thanos, picks up the Gauntlet, puts it on, and says "I, All-Father Thor Odinson, am the protector of the Nine Realms," then uses the power of the Infinity Stones to completely undo everything Thanos did.

Saw it tonight without a single spoiler.....and im glad I did. Everything was a surprise and I was entertained fully.

Was I shocked when Thanos snapped his finger, yes. But I also know its within the realm of possibility to reverse time as he already did once in the movie. Forgot about the post credit clip. Peter Quill turning to ash was the No No No moment for me. Could they have scaled down some of the comedy banter, meh...at least it was funny banter.

My prediction:

Out of the 14,000,605 possible futures that Strange saw, only one resulted in victory for the good guys.

In order to beat Thanos, he has to win. He has to get what he wants, and the cost has to be so dear that it crushes him and makes him wonder if winning was worth the cost.

Killing Gamora and ruling over his empire without her there to pass that empire to is what breaks him.In the end, I bet he will sacrifice himself to bring her back, and in doing so, completely undo what he did since her death.

This is the closest to what I think will happen. Some variation of this. Thanos is usually responsible for his own defeat, sometimes in hubris

Last edited:
Its very like the coming last season of "Game of Thrones".

I want it to end and I don't want it to end.

I'm desparate to know how it all "Ends" ,but I REALLY don't want to know how it all "ENDS".

I need to know which characters survive, but I absolutely don't want to know whose truely dead.

I reckon the internet will burn to ash once the real outcome is known May 2019. Or at least crash.

What makes it worse is that its already been said by the makers that if IWI upset you,IW2 will reduce the fans to totally wreaks.

An uncharitable part of me thinks "well , I guess some of the contracts are definitely up for negotiation". But depending on how the Soul stone works wouldn't it be great to see some of our characters disappear only to come back years later???!!!!!

Its going to be a very long wait.

My prediction:

That, or another option.

Thor goes full Berzerker Rage and completely destroys Thanos, picks up the Gauntlet, puts it on, and says "I, All-Father Thor Odinson, am the protector of the Nine Realms," then uses the power of the Infinity Stones to completely undo everything Thanos did.

Here's the thing. I like your prediction, but it sucks. So I'm going to give you my prediction, because it'll be really good

JK, that's a good prediction.

Are they going to bring courting Death into this? I know they played around with it in a post credits sequence a while back. Or do you think they've abandoned that storyline? It seems like they've gone a different direction with Thanos.

Are they going to bring courting Death into this? I know they played around with it in a post credits sequence a while back. Or do you think they've abandoned that storyline? It seems like they've gone a different direction with Thanos.

When did they mention courting Death in a post-credits sequence? I don't remember any mention of that at all. Fiege and the Russo's have said more than once that Death (the personification thereof, that is) isn't a factor here.

When did they mention courting Death in a post-credits sequence? I don't remember any mention of that at all. Fiege and the Russo's have said more than once that Death (the personification thereof, that is) isn't a factor here.

Avengers post credit scene. Dude tells Thanos that his army lost in New York and that fighting The Avengers was to court death. Thanos turns and grins.

Oh I thought they had.

I found it. It looks like it was referenced in the original Avengers.

Avengers post credit scene. Dude tells Thanos that his army lost in New York and that fighting The Avengers was to court death. Thanos turns and grins.

Oh I thought they had.

I found it. It looks like it was referenced in the original Avengers.

Oh, yeah. Yeah, I never took that as invoking Death herself, but simply as Thanos' major domo, or whatever, being overly dramatic.

However, it's entirely possible that that's what they were starting toward, but then course-corrected later to the much stronger storyline we got in the actual film.

However, it's entirely possible that that's what they were starting toward, but then course-corrected later to the much stronger storyline we got in the actual film.

That is my latest hypothesis. It seemed a bit of on-the-nose foreshadowing at the time. After that you never heard her referenced again though.

"To fight them means you would get a blind date with death"
*Turn direct to camera and grin*

But now I'm wondering what the central conflict of IW2 will be. I mean obviously there is a lot to be resolved, but what does confronting Thanos look like. I don't think he's going to have a change of heart.. even with Gamora guilt-tripping him. He's the mad titan. Something big has to go down in the next film. Where will the big character deaths come from? I have to assume RDJ and/or Evans will be taken out.

I don't know. This movie has me speculating a lot. I'm pumped. They have my undivided attention.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back