Australian Star Wars Stormtrooper Tour Blaster

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by JoeR, May 9, 2006.

1. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

Got this from a friend over here in the UK who got it from a FOX Australia crew member that made the Stormtrooper Tour Suits for the Special Edition re-releases back in 1995 over in Oz.

[​IMG]

Cost me my TE suit but hey.

Joe

2. troopermaster

troopermaster Well-Known Member

Nice one Joe,I like it.

Is it a resin version or an MGC?

I can't really tell but it's a nice looking blaster.It's very similar to my resin ROTJ E-11,but the fins are different and the front sight differs slightly too.

Nice score :thumbsup

-Paul.

3. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

Hey Paul

It is made from resin. I don't know much about its history. It is lighter than all the other resin blasters I have handled.

Joe

4. kurtyboy

kurtyboy Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've got one too, or at least a recast of one. They seem to be modified resin castings of an MGC based original from ROTJ.

If you look under the trigger guard you'll find the copyright text... C LFL 94 or something. Hard to read.

5. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kurtyboy @ May 9 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]1241516[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Marcus

It is just in front of the trigger on the underside. Now I just need an original Stormtrooper helmet to go with it. :lol

Joe

6. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

That's pretty sweet :thumbsup

7. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 9 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1241431[/snapback]</div>

You gave up a TE suit for that? :confused

8. kurtyboy

If it is what it is claimed to be then it was screen used in ROTJ SE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARKSIDE72 @ May 9 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]1241562[/snapback]</div>

You gave up a TE suit for that? :confused
    [/b][/quote]

9. yakcam

yakcam Sr Member

I have one of those too, I got it from a guy in Sydney. I also have a recast one, it's quite easy to tell the difference, the "real" one has a D ring on the back and has pretty pathetic weathering effects painted on. Also the "real" one is a slightly sharper casting.

Cheers,

Kraig

Edit: Me no speak so goodly.

10. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yakcam @ May 10 2006, 12:35 AM) [snapback]1241597[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting, the weathering is pathetic, I have seen much better weathering on fan made blasters on here.

Marcus - I'm intrigued about it being screen used, can you tell me more?

Thanks for the input guys.

Joe

11. HDPE

HDPE Well-Known Member

I've seen or talked to at least three different maker from Aussie who were selling these.

One said he was a Fox crew member and he also had screen used stuff from episode one, the blaster he wanted to sell to me was a direct casting from a screen used SE blaster. That was two years ago.

Then I saw two other guys selling them on ebay, one is still doing it these days. I think those are 3d gen recast.

12. kurtyboy

Sorry, its ANH SE these appear in and not ROTJ SE. :confused

I got a little mixed since they are ROTJ style blasters. They are seen in some of the newly inserted stormtrooper/sandtrooper shots.

You can see the sqared fins on the barrel in this screen grab (the original ROTJ blasters had 'U' shaped fins):
    [​IMG]

You can also see the d-rings on the back of the guns in this scene.

13. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 10 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]1241431[/snapback]</div>
    MATE . I would have given you one of these Blasters AND cash for your TE . *.

14. JoeR

JoeR Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bountyhunter Niko @ May 10 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1241898[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

I did get change in $$$ for the deal. If you want a TE go to www.sandtrooper.net, there is one for sale there.

Thanks for the imput Marcus and HDPE. This one has what seems to be a metal D ring on the back..

Cheers

Joe

15. kurtyboy

Mine must be a recast then since it doesn't have a d-ring at the back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 10 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1241901[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

I did get change in $$$ for the deal. If you want a TE go to www.sandtrooper.net, there is one for sale there.

Thanks for the imput Marcus and HDPE. This one has what seems to be a metal D ring on the back..

Cheers

Joe
    [/b][/quote]

16. classicbullwhips

classicbullwhips New Member

As many here i am a little confused of what mades this stormtrooper blaster so special.