Australian Star Wars Stormtrooper Tour Blaster

JoeR

Sr Member
Got this from a friend over here in the UK who got it from a FOX Australia crew member that made the Stormtrooper Tour Suits for the Special Edition re-releases back in 1995 over in Oz.

stormtroopertouringblaster0019.jpg

Cost me my TE suit but hey.

Joe

Nice one Joe,I like it.

Is it a resin version or an MGC?

I can't really tell but it's a nice looking blaster.It's very similar to my resin ROTJ E-11,but the fins are different and the front sight differs slightly too.

Nice score :thumbsup

-Paul.

Hey Paul

It is made from resin. I don't know much about its history. It is lighter than all the other resin blasters I have handled.

Joe

I've got one too, or at least a recast of one. They seem to be modified resin castings of an MGC based original from ROTJ.

If you look under the trigger guard you'll find the copyright text... C LFL 94 or something. Hard to read.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kurtyboy @ May 9 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]1241516[/snapback]</div>
I've got one too, or at least a recast of one. They seem to be modified resin castings of an MGC based original from ROTJ.

If you look under the trigger guard you'll find the copyright text... C LFL 94 or something. Hard to read.
[/b]

Thanks Marcus

It is just in front of the trigger on the underside. Now I just need an original Stormtrooper helmet to go with it. :lol

Joe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 9 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1241431[/snapback]</div>
Got this from a friend over here in the UK who got it from a FOX Australia crew member that made the Stormtrooper Tour Suits for the Special Edition re-releases back in 1995 over in Oz.

Joe
[/b]

You gave up a TE suit for that? :confused

If it is what it is claimed to be then it was screen used in ROTJ SE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARKSIDE72 @ May 9 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]1241562[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 9 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]1241431[/snapback]

Joe
[/b]

You gave up a TE suit for that? :confused
[/b][/quote]

I have one of those too, I got it from a guy in Sydney. I also have a recast one, it's quite easy to tell the difference, the "real" one has a D ring on the back and has pretty pathetic weathering effects painted on. Also the "real" one is a slightly sharper casting.

Cheers,

Kraig

Edit: Me no speak so goodly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yakcam @ May 10 2006, 12:35 AM) [snapback]1241597[/snapback]</div>
I have one of those too, I got it from a guy in Sydney. I also have a recast one, it's quite easy to tell the difference, the "real" one has a D ring on the back and has pretty pathetic weathering effects painted on. Also the "real" one is a slightly sharper casting.

Cheers,

Kraig

Edit: Me no speak so goodly.
[/b]

Interesting, the weathering is pathetic, I have seen much better weathering on fan made blasters on here.

Marcus - I'm intrigued about it being screen used, can you tell me more?

Thanks for the input guys.

Joe

I've seen or talked to at least three different maker from Aussie who were selling these.

One said he was a Fox crew member and he also had screen used stuff from episode one, the blaster he wanted to sell to me was a direct casting from a screen used SE blaster. That was two years ago.

Then I saw two other guys selling them on ebay, one is still doing it these days. I think those are 3d gen recast.

Sorry, its ANH SE these appear in and not ROTJ SE. :confused

I got a little mixed since they are ROTJ style blasters. They are seen in some of the newly inserted stormtrooper/sandtrooper shots.

You can see the sqared fins on the barrel in this screen grab (the original ROTJ blasters had 'U' shaped fins):
se_blaster.jpg

You can also see the d-rings on the back of the guns in this scene.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bountyhunter Niko @ May 10 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1241898[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 10 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]1241431[/snapback]

Joe
[/b]

MATE . I would have given you one of these Blasters AND cash for your TE . Damn.
[/b][/quote]

I did get change in $$$ for the deal. If you want a TE go to www.sandtrooper.net, there is one for sale there.

Thanks for the imput Marcus and HDPE. This one has what seems to be a metal D ring on the back..

Cheers

Joe

Mine must be a recast then since it doesn't have a d-ring at the back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 10 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]1241901[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bountyhunter Niko @ May 10 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]1241898[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Dark Side @ May 10 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]1241431[/snapback]

Joe
[/b]

MATE . I would have given you one of these Blasters AND cash for your TE . Damn.
[/b][/quote]

I did get change in $$$ for the deal. If you want a TE go to www.sandtrooper.net, there is one for sale there.

Thanks for the imput Marcus and HDPE. This one has what seems to be a metal D ring on the back..

Cheers

Joe
[/b][/quote]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back