Auctionsherpa-Recaster?

The question is why would anyone sell to this guy?

It is a matter of principle.

and do you really think Bane would walk into the DMV to get a license????

Mods... If this is a no-go to post let me know and I'll edit it out...

This is a message exchange I had asking about a PR on the eBays
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear auroraproject2011,
Is the Spas cage metal?
Do you have any videos on YouTube? I'd like to see the grenade launcher being racked and the lever for the stock in particular.
- satyrchild

ALIENS M41-A Pulse Rifle Custom HERO Version with working counter & Much More!!
Item Id: 290885742139
End time: Apr-23-13 12:05:43 PDT
Seller:auroraproject2011 (179)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Sep-20-11 in United States

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear satyrchild,
Nope But I have a SUPER DELUXE ALL STEEL EDITION LISTED
It has a steel spas working pump etc etc . I don't do videos you want a video its in the DVD section
take care
- auroraproject2011

Dear auroraproject2011,
Is it a Matsucorp build?
- satyrchild

Dear satyrchild,
whole foods
- auroraproject2011

I saw no point on any further dialogue at that point.

I also like the "only person in the world to offer a drop down infra red sight"!!!! (Aliens helmet)
It seems mine were not one of the first working designs !lol.... And still are !

It looks like a spat helmet with a spat sight, surely not mine as mine could not possibly be recasted.
Like matt noble said...... Why would anyone sell to this guy?

Mars

Last edited:
Just got an email from him using the gmail prefix moviegunsinc using the name "Private Hudson" asking for a sculpt of the fish from cat in the hat.

steer well clear, all.

It doesn't give me any pleasure to revive this 16-month-old thread, but I thought that maybe it would help someone else avoid what I've just gone through with the person being discussed here. I blame myself, mostly, for not doing my research in the first place. I found this thread only after I had already paid the person in full, and felt my stomach turning with every scroll of the mouse as I read dialogue quoted from him that had already become familiar to me.

I'm new-ish to prop collecting and a vast majority of my collection are items from Blade Runner. I buy all of my props complete and consider myself in the "more money than brains/skill" category. I had found this guy selling stuff as "movieman" over at Propsummit. His resin guns looked very good but his prices seemed strangely low and his shipping costs strangely high. That's what made some people leery but his stuff looked good enough for me to contact him to see if he maybe had a DL-44 for sale. He didn't, but he said that he'd always wanted to build one, so after showing me photos of his other work (also impressive) we agreed to have him build me an ANH DL-44. (You're face palming right now, aren't you?) I had specified that I wanted the kit from Dark Energy but otherwise trusted him enough to procure quality parts, especially for the price that we agreed upon.

I could make this post extremely long but suffice it to say that I WAY overpaid (ALL in advance - cue second facepalm) for what I received. It had a jerry-rigged scope of unknown origin on a Denix Mauser. I still have no idea where he got the flash hider and other parts from but it must have been someplace special because I needed to send the funds "right away" before someone else scooped them up.

Am I disappointed? You bet. Mostly, I am embarrassed for not doing my homework on this. Live and learn. I just wanted you guys to know that he's still out there.

He's called "movieman" over at Propsummit. His emails were from "Troy Barlow" (3 Kings, right?) and the PayPal went to "movie guns inc."

It doesn't give me any pleasure to revive this 16-month-old thread, but I thought that maybe it would help someone else avoid what I've just gone through with the person being discussed here. I blame myself, mostly, for not doing my research in the first place. I found this thread only after I had already paid the person in full, and felt my stomach turning with every scroll of the mouse as I read dialogue quoted from him that had already become familiar to me.

I'm new-ish to prop collecting and a vast majority of my collection are items from Blade Runner. I buy all of my props complete and consider myself in the "more money than brains/skill" category. I had found this guy selling stuff as "movieman" over at Propsummit. His resin guns looked very good but his prices seemed strangely low and his shipping costs strangely high. That's what made some people leery but his stuff looked good enough for me to contact him to see if he maybe had a DL-44 for sale. He didn't, but he said that he'd always wanted to build one, so after showing me photos of his other work (also impressive) we agreed to have him build me an ANH DL-44. (You're face palming right now, aren't you?) I had specified that I wanted the kit from Dark Energy but otherwise trusted him enough to procure quality parts, especially for the price that we agreed upon.

I could make this post extremely long but suffice it to say that I WAY overpaid (ALL in advance - cue second facepalm) for what I received. It had a jerry-rigged scope of unknown origin on a Denix Mauser. I still have no idea where he got the flash hider and other parts from but it must have been someplace special because I needed to send the funds "right away" before someone else scooped them up.

Am I disappointed? You bet. Mostly, I am embarrassed for not doing my homework on this. Live and learn. I just wanted you guys to know that he's still out there.

He's called "movieman" over at Propsummit. His emails were from "Troy Barlow" (3 Kings, right?) and the PayPal went to "movie guns inc."

I was suspicious that it might have been him. I'm sorry that i didn't give you a warning.

I haven't been online much lately, but checked my messages at propsummit. I see Amish and the rest of the mods are aware of the guy and we looking into who he is to decide his fate. I appreciate the heads up guys, and I also realize I need to clear out my mail box there, because it is now overfull ;)

Andy

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back