Attaching Dreads without glue.

sandrok

I was hoping somebody could illustrate the process of attaching the dreads without glue. I was told that you could cut the holes and insert the dreads. Any help is appreciated.

Please please... DO NOT cut a hole! The best way to do this is by making an X cut where the dread will go with a Razor blade, the prongs of the "X" will grab hold of the dread as you poke it through and there should be no need for glue!

Please please... DO NOT cut a hole! The best way to do this is by making an X cut where the dread will go with a Razor blade, the prongs of the "X" will grab hold of the dread as you poke it through and there should be no need for glue!

Dont worry, that's what I was talking about with the x cuts. Now, do I cut only the latex? what about the foam inside? If somebody could show me some pictures I Would be very happy.

Dont worry, that's what I was talking about with the x cuts.

I put dreads in my Rubies mask without glue. You don't even need to cut an X--just a slit will do fine. Make the slit a little shorter than the width of the dread, and squish it on in there. It won't fall out unless you tug on it pretty hard.

I put dreads in my Rubies mask without glue. You don't even need to cut an X--just a slit will do fine. Make the slit a little shorter than the width of the dread, and squish it on in there. It won't fall out unless you tug on it pretty hard.

I would still cut an X... I've not used this method but I'd imagine that a slit would give the dreads a pinched look. The x will allow the dread to keep its shape and the 4 corners of the x will act like a grip making the dread stay in place.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back