Attaching bio to head with magnets.

Darkindestod

I used the "super strong" magnets that are found at any hobby shop. Really, they aren't so bad that I have a hard time taking the bio off. I initially used hot glue to put them in but I found that it didn't hold to the latex of the head so I used super glue and then reinforced with hot glue....just in case.

Here's the bio. To get them to hold in those particular spots, I took the magnets I would use inside the head and lined them up on the front of the bio. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes and you will have golden crisp muffins. Er, wait. That's not right.
yB1XN.jpg

For the inside of the head, I simply placed the bio on the head and threw the magnets in, which instantly lined up with the corresponding magnets on the bio. As you can see, I didn't foam fill the head yet in order to do this. This is to get the best hold I could manage. As I mentioned, I used super glue on the inside of the head to get the damn things to stick decently (This pic shows them attached with hot glue which I had to redo). A bit of advice; make absolutely sure your bio actually touches the head in the spots you want the magnets as certain areas may have a considerable gap enough to give no hold. This particular mask made it easy around the mouth as it more or less holds the bio in place on the lower half therefore I didn't feel it necessary to put any there.
yKcwG.jpg

this all looks great. it somewhat looks like something i was gonna do

but i have just one question. i understood the super glue part and how you reinforced
it with hot glue, but you totally lost me when you said bake at 360 degrees.

were you serius about that part or was that a joke :)

this all looks great. it somewhat looks like something i was gonna do :)

but i have just one question. i understood the super glue part and how you reinforced
it with hot glue, but you totally lost me when you said bake at 360 degrees.

were you serius about that part or was that a joke :)

Yeah, I was being a sarcastic ass. I tend to do that a lot.

Very similar to what I done. I just test mated the two together and identified the parts that touched the best and worked from there.

Is it strong enough? to hold up such a heavy helmet?

The glue or magnets? The magnets are plenty strong to hold while turning the head around fairly quickly. I haven't noticed any movement of the bio. So...really if the magnets are holding then obviously the glue is working. I guess it'll be a time issue to see if it holds for the long run.

Hey bro, I saw some magnets in a model train hobby shop in midtown, they cost around $15 for the pack, I think it brings like ten magnets inside. And they are definately strong magnets, they are in a tube looking package, and that is inside of a bigger tube as to not damage other things. I think!
great , can u give us a little more details on the magnets cause my bio is ridiculously heavy!!! thanks for the info

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back