At Last. A Truly Accurate First Blood Knife!

Yeah I've heard stories.
Great knife maker though.
I have two of his a Predator and a Battle Baton, I used to talk with him all the time

A shame what happned to him with the accident and getting hooked on pain killers

Wow. Great thread! I remember seeing “First Blood” at the midnight movie when I was a kid. After that, I dreamed of having the knife. Bought a Lile “Sly II” when it first came out, but always wanted a movie-accurate version. I bought various versions over the years including the Hollywood Collectibles Group version of “First Blood“ and ”Rambo II” knives. They are actually pretty nice. I was looking at the Lile website and they offer both knives made by Vaughn Neely. I see two versions on the site. A “Cerakote” version and a “Utility Series.“. Any thoughts on these in terms of accuracy and quality? :)

The ones offered on the LILE website are very well made, but not anywhere near as screen accurate as others offer - such as Daniel Mauro and Andy Wood. Those are so accurate that they make all of the slightly different numbers that individually appeared in the film. The Neeley ones are more of an idealised version.

The ones offered on the LILE website are very well made, but not anywhere near as screen accurate as others offer - such as Daniel Mauro and Andy Wood. Those are so accurate that they make all of the slightly different numbers that individually appeared in the film. The Neeley ones are more of an idealised version.

Thanks so much for the response! I looked up Daniel Mauro and Andy Woods. Found Facebook pages and I think the correct websites. Hope I can learn more and can contact them. On the Lile site do you think the “Cerakote” version is more accurate than the “Utility Series” even though they’re idealize? :)

The cerakote version is just too shiny and pretty and far from how the movie knife and original Liles looked The original movie knife was hand finished and sandblasted. Also the Neeley sheath isn’t accurate either. They’re good knives if you want LILE printed on the blade, but if you want accuracy, then you’ll have to forgoe that. It’s swings and roundabouts really. But if you want a LILE stamped reproduction then the utility is the version you want and then commission someone to make an accurate sheath.

The cerakote version is just too shiny and pretty and far from how the movie knife and original Liles looked The original movie knife was hand finished and sandblasted. Also the Neeley sheath isn’t accurate either. They’re good knives if you want LILE printed on the blade, but if you want accuracy, then you’ll have to forgoe that. It’s swings and roundabouts really. But if you want a LILE stamped reproduction then the utility is the version you want and then commission someone to make an accurate sheath.

Awesome information! Thanks! So much to learn about these knives! :)

I see Vaughn Neelys name being mentioned here, he is former U.S. Army Special Forces and a master bladesmith

I have one of his and I would have no hesitation carrying it in the bush if I needed a knife that my life would depend on

A finer blade could not be made

I have to agree with Apollo, Neeley's work is superb. I don't own one of his First Blood knives, mine is by Andy Wood, but I do own one of his survival knives from the Timberline days and a couple of his survival folder lockblades. Amazing designs, flawless execution. Very dependable.

I see Vaughn Neelys name being mentioned here, he is former U.S. Army Special Forces and a master bladesmith

I have one of his and I would have no hesitation carrying it in the bush if I needed a knife that my life would depend on

A finer blade could not be made
Good to know! Thanks! I'm thinking of ordering one of the Neely First Blood knives from the Lile site. Amazing that he corresponds directly to inquiries. He's definitely an amazing knife maker! :)

I have to agree with Apollo, Neeley's work is superb. I don't own one of his First Blood knives, mine is by Andy Wood, but I do own one of his survival knives from the Timberline days and a couple of his survival folder lockblades. Amazing designs, flawless execution. Very dependable.
His work is truly superb. I'm thinking of ordering from him. I love Andy Wood's work too. I wish he could still put the "Lile" stamp on his First Blood knives. His knives seem the most accurate to the originals. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back