AT-AT trooper helmet greeblies?

PropReplicator

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Are the greeblies (on the forehead, temples and in the chin dimples) on the AT-AT "driver" helmet identified items?

swtcgesb-78.jpg

Thanks,
Wayne

Are the greeblies (on the forehead, temples and in the chin dimples) on the AT-AT "driver" helmet identified items?

To my knowledge, I don't believe anyone's identified the greeblies on the AT-AT Driver helmet. There was a similar thread on this or another forum but it receuved very few resposes. I don't know why but there doesn't seem to be much interest out there for this helmet. After much researching, I decided I would have to build all the greeblies from scratch.

I built the greeblies that are inset in the chin dimples from different sizes of 6061 aluminum rod. I think the end result is pretty good. I can post pictures and assembly info if you're interested.

The two greeblies outside the front mohawk are push buttons available at Radio shack. One is red and one is gray.

The Gray Tubing is tough to find but I do have some left.

The greeblies inside the front mohawk are gears from the invisible engine kit(recast) . The wiper blades as they are called seem to be clock hands.

The 2 details along side the gray tubes appear to be a trim detail of some sort. I have some that are dead on but has to be painted each time.

The front chin aluminum details I cant locate but I machined some and cast them. I can get you the misc details anytime along with decals etc.

Richie

Thanks for the greeblie information Richie.

I will try to attach a picture of the aluminum chin details I've construced. I'm new to the forum and am still learning so I hope the attachment works.

[attachmentid=5684]

Here's a good pic of my helm. I believe it's an RA...

cimg19235wg.jpg

Forgive the dremeled out teeth... I'm in the process of screening the mouth for trooping.

Great job on the Chin details.

Thats one of our helmets with a couple detail changes. For the greeblies on the gray tubes my best reference was the 12" figure...well we know those usually arent accurate. This has been a tuff detail to track down.

Richie

Can't take the credit - bought the partial costume from Lynn. But I am glad to know that it's one of the RA helms - always wanted to own one (you do some fantastic work, Richie) and this helm is my treasured favorite (details-wise).

I have a few greeblies I found at Axeman (local greeblie store).

they are the round things inside where the aerators would go on a stormy.

They don't have that "step" in them, like the picture posted, but are round with the holes, and have a point coming out of it.

Don't know what in the world it was used for, but looks very similar. I picked them up to have around if I ever did an At-At lid.

I'll try and post pics of the peices I found.

Joe

AT-AT pilot is my favorite SW helmet.
I can't wait to make one. I'd like to use some accurate (found part) greeblies though and all I've seen that people have made aren't up to snuff.

I'd like to use some accurate (found part) greeblies though and all I've seen that people have made aren't up to snuff.

I wish there were better quality pictures available to help us on our (found part) greeblie quest. Unfortunately, most of the images I've seen leave you guessing. Does anyone know if any other actual movie helmet pictures exist besides the ones on the Wizards game card, action figure cards and in the Star Wars Dictionary? I've noticed these are all the same at-at driver image with different backgrounds. Screen grabs help a little but still pretty blurry.

Speculation has it that only 2 helms were actually made - one was destroyed and the other was (destroyed) by scammers who removed all the greebles to turn it into a Tie Pilot helm for auction to try to get more money out of it. How's that for a dumb move?

If you get Ian Liston's autograph, you can get it as an AT-AT Driver (as he played both sides of the war - X-Wing Pilot and AT-AT Driver). ;)

Speculation has it that only 2 helms were actually made - one was destroyed and the other was (destroyed) by scammers who removed all the greebles to turn it into a Tie Pilot helm for auction to try to get more money out of it.  How's that for a dumb move?

That's depressing. I guess that would explain why there hasn't been an at-at helmet on display at any of the Star Wars exhibits. :(

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back