AT-AT side guns?

natty15d

this is a question for the ILM used kits guru's ;)
I picked up a cheap MR AT-AT but its missing the side head guns.
They look to be from a sourced model kit & i was wondering if anyone knew which kit they came from.

Thanks
Nathan :)

I have one of the side guns from the walker that got it's head blown up -
I'll take some good close-up pics this weekend.

Originally posted by natty15d@Dec 14 2005, 03:31 PM
this is a question for the ILM used kits guru's ;)
I picked up a cheap MR AT-AT but its missing the side head guns.
They look to be from a sourced model kit & i was wondering if anyone knew which kit they came from.

Thanks
Nathan :)
[snapback]1135619[/snapback]​

Nathan, cool to hear that you finally snagged an AT-AT. :) For the side guns you need to pic up Tamiyas 2 cm Flackvierling. You could also buy the big ass truck which has the same barrels but buing just the gun is going to be cheaper. The kit carries 4 barrels/recievers, you'll need them all. There's still a lot of scratch building involved but I'm sure you'll do more then fine.

Here's a link to the kit you need: http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM35091

Good luck.

Steve.

As a matter of fact, you will find a lot of Flackvierling parts all around the AT-AT...

I got myself a cheap MR AT-AT I'm planning to detail with original parts plus making a change of the legs position.

Regards

Originally posted by spinner 44@Dec 16 2005, 11:07 AM
As a matter of fact, you will find a lot of Flackvierling parts all around the AT-AT...

I got myself a cheap MR AT-AT I'm planning to detail with original parts plus making a change of the legs position.

Regards
[snapback]1137157[/snapback]​

You're right. The Flackvierling is probably (if I remember correct) one of the most important (for such a small kit) donor kit for the AT-AT.

Steve.

thanks guys thats been a HUGE help :)

Heres the AT-AT that i won.

unfortunately the seller wouldnt ship to Scotland, so i asked my good friend Dean O if i could have it sent to him & he would forward it on to me. It seemed like a good idea at the time..... but i dont know if he will now part with it now its in his possesion ;) lol

Here are some pics of it, again kindly taken by Dean O

DSC00496.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

DSC00501.JPG

DSC00502.JPG

ive ordered the kit now & ive also contacted MR to see if they can supply replacements guns along with a plaque & paperwork as the auction was just for the damaged ATAT :)

Hm, i don't want to scare you, but look at the last 2 feet. They are missing the pistons connected to the feet, right ?... Hope you can find or build these too.

Originally posted by Spiker@Dec 16 2005, 03:44 PM
Hm, i don't want to scare you, but look at the last 2 feet. They are missing the pistons connected to the feet, right ?... Hope you can find or build these too.
[snapback]1137290[/snapback]​

Not to worry.... they were listed as being broken but the parts were included :)

My friend Phil Steincheider did the same thing for me. It's bad to live in europe sometimes, but it's so good to know so generous people too.

Best regards

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back