Assassins Creed III

kiddo

Hey guys, I recently saw the debut trailer for assassins creed III. This one is set in the American Revolution, and the assassin is american indian. It looks awesome, with lots of promising props. Here is the trailer, if you havent seen it yet: Assassin's Creed 3 - Official Debut Trailer - YouTube
Some of the props I mentioned include a tomohawk shaped with the assassins symbol, as well as a bow wrapped with traditional native american leather/beads, and a short either wood or bone handled knife.
11817-assassins-creed-3.jpg

Yeah, I saw this the other day and I really love the tomahawk. Always wanted to make Daniel Day-Lewis' one from Last of the Mohicans, but it was a bit plain

This one, made from the Assassins symbol, just looks class

Will do, I'm in the middle of doing some Fallout stuff at the minute, but if I get a free hour or so I'll draw up some plans

EDIT: Wait...that wasn't aimed at me was it...

Ah well, I'll post mine too anyway

Since theres alot of interest in these props, I thought I would post a few reference photos that I am finding useful in the builds im starting. Hopefully they help you guys as well.
11833-ac3-tomahawk.jpg

11832-ac-symbol.jpg

11834-assassins-creed-3-connor-concept.jpg

I spent some time searching the internet for a good base tomahawk head to start with (for us people who have little experiance with metalworking). I found this one Medieval Arrow Head Tomahawk Axe, which after some modification could look fairly good (with a new handle, of course). It is also interesting to note that the in-game weapon also looks slightly different than the concept art i had originally posted. The concept art has more of an arrowhead-style spike, and the leather wrapped grip seems to also have strands of wire, as oppsed to the rivets of the in-game handle leather.

Last edited:
I never played the games but I like the concept are, with the exception of the hood. It does not fit at all with the outfit or time period.

Since theres alot of interest in these props, I thought I would post a few reference photos that I am finding useful in the builds im starting. Hopefully they help you guys as well.

Snipped photos

I really like that top left pic, lots of detail in it, should be really helpful. Cheers

As for the Kotaku one, not taking anything away from it, it was out stupidly quickly, but in my opinion it just lacks any kind of detail in the head itself

Just by using the Creed symbol and that pic in the top left, I reckon the head should look something like this

Tomahawkdetail.jpg

The darker grey bit at the bottom would obviously be sharp at it's lowest point as part of the leading edge, but graduate out as it gets further away from the edge. I can do a quick side on view if anyone isn't quite sure what I mean

EDIT: Actually, scratch that last picture, it looks pretty good in it's own right, but this one's more accurate

Tomahawkdetail2.jpg

Last edited:
CynderBloc, are you planning on making the head yourself in metal? or are you going to make it from wood or foam?

CynderBloc, are you planning on making the head yourself in metal? or are you going to make it from wood or foam?

To be honest, I haven't even got to the stage of deciding that yet, I'm frantically trying to get back on schedule with my Brush Gun after botching it earlier. I sketched those designs up while waiting for some glue to dry

I suppose it could be either filed out of an aluminum block, or cast if you had access to a smelter. I don't have access to one, although I did find a couple of tutorials on how to make a mini home one. Just never got around to building it.

I would say that for a first build, I would make it the same way I'm making my Brush Gun, MDF spine built up with foam. Much easier to shape than a block of metal or wood!

To be honest, I haven't even got to the stage of deciding that yet, I'm frantically trying to get back on schedule with my Brush Gun after botching it earlier. I sketched those designs up while waiting for some glue to dry

I suppose it could be either filed out of an aluminum block, or cast if you had access to a smelter. I don't have access to one, although I did find a couple of tutorials on how to make a mini home one. Just never got around to building it.

I would say that for a first build, I would make it the same way I'm making my Brush Gun, MDF spine built up with foam. Much easier to shape than a block of metal or wood!

Yeah, im thinking I might get that tomahawk I had listed above in the link. With some heavy modifications and grinding of the head, I may be able to get it to look like the tomahawk from the first graphic since the spike is more of an arrowhead shape on that.

Yeah, im thinking I might get that tomahawk I had listed above in the link. With some heavy modifications and grinding of the head, I may be able to get it to look like the tomahawk from the first graphic since the spike is more of an arrowhead shape on that.

Certainly the spike and the leading edge would be a great base, but looking at it I'd be worried that there might not be enough material in the body of the...blade? is that the right term?

The Assassin's one obviously has a large section missing from the centre. I'm not sure if you'd be able to grind out that section without having to add support at the sides. Although looking at it again you could probably grind off the tips of the leading edge to get it more to shape.

I'll keep checking on your progress

Did anyone else see the new trailer? Assassin's Creed III - Unite to Unlock the World Gameplay Premiere [UK] - YouTube it shows that the hidden blade can be detached and then reversed. i was pausing and looking at the knife/hidden blade, and it looks like the handle is wrapped leather, and there is an eagle head as the pommel of the knife. it also does not look like a dagger, but rather a one sided clip point knife with a completely serrated edge and blood groove down the center. anyways, looks pretty cool.
Edit: after rewatching the trailer a few more times, it actually looks like there is a wood handle with metal inlays coming from the blade

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting, but I drew up a rough sketch of waht knife/hidden blade looks like from the new trailer. Im not sure if it actually is fully serrated, or if it was just pixelation that made it look that way, so i decided to draw it without serrations.
13011-dsc00747.jpg

After seeing the trailer for AC3, I immediately wanted to make the tomahawk, bow, and quiver. Even though some of the props aren't depicted with them, I though it might be cool to attach feathers, dreamcatchers, and beads to give them an authentic Native American feel. The blade was also very interesting, but right now I'm working on making a fully retractable blade.

That design isn't too far off, almost.

Here's some screen caps from the E3 demo video. See there's a sort of hook on the end of the hidden blade. It's probably shaped like a bird's head, anyway... bloody fuzzy shots, pardon

WOW that game looks insane I am a huge AC fan and will deff get and beat this puppy opening day. AND then finish up the rest over months... haha but really thats how it goes. his new props look very cool I want the whole costume though that would be a great cosplay outfit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back