Limited Run Assassin's Creed III Tomahawk

Starting work on the axe head:

DSC04258.jpg

Indy, do you mind if I ask what pictures/files you're building off of? I've been working on building one of these myself, and pictures I've found make it look like a few changes might be in order. But if you've got some game files or something I haven't seen, I may need to change my own!

Zlurpo, post what photos you mean so we can have a look. Since we just started the work, if there is something that needs tweaking NOW is the time to do it!

Thanks,
Indy

Ok. First:
I think you have the whole head too tall and skinny. In this picture:
View attachment 130962
the whole head looks a little wider, more like the logo of the franchise.

The thicker parts of the center piece I believe are angled, not just thicker.
These things, I mean:
View attachment 130968
If you zoom in on the tomahawk on this pic:
View attachment 130959
you can see they point slightly away from the center, not just as raised strips.

I don't think these lines on the sides of the main blade:
View attachment 130963
should touch the sides of the axe. Rather, it seems there is a taper from that line to the edge of the axe. See the view above, and:
View attachment 130961
^ That's a pretty big, clear picture of it. I don't know how official it is, but it sure looks good.

The negative space inside the main blade is definitely off a little bit. It should be wider and more weather-balloon shaped.

Also, the two points on the main blade that are closer to the handle are, I think, actually equal width or slightly wider than the points closer to the blade.

I posted a picture of what I think the outline should like here.

Granted, none of these are official production shots, but they're pretty good.

Last edited:
Interested pending final results.

ThinkGeek.com runs this axe for 45 bucks unfortunatly made of plastic.

If your looks as detailed if not better im deffinatly down.

f0ec_assassins_creed_iii_tomahawk.jpg

Don't worry... news will be posted as soon as I have some! This turned out to be a bit more complicated than we anticipated (which is good in some ways as the initial design was a bit off and we've since discovered some clearer shots). Stay tuned...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back