Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade and Leather Vambrace

FPLeatherCo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I made this on a commission for a friend. Basically, took the blade off a cheap toy replica and re-made the rest in leather.

It's 7/8oz vegetable tanned leather. I carved the details in the the piece, dyed everything up, and painted the silver details with acrylic. Some of the addition leather detailing is glued and sewn on to the top piece.

The two main pieces were glued and saddle-stitched together and all the strapping was done.

This was a fun project and I'm gonna miss having it around the workshop.

IMG_2766.JPGIMG_2773.JPGIMG_2774.JPGIMG_2775.JPGIMG_2776.JPG

Very cool, I like it. Is the actual design of the leather strapping and all that based off any particular source material, or just your own thoughts on how you'd have to hold one of those things onto a person's arm?

Very cool, I like it. Is the actual design of the leather strapping and all that based off any particular source material, or just your own thoughts on how you'd have to hold one of those things onto a person's arm?

Thanks! The straps are my own design. The actual piece appears to only have 1 strap/buckle on the vambrace part. I needed to figure out a way to secure both pieces together stably around the arm and this is what I cam up with while still preserving the look of the 1 strap connection.

gotcha, do you get your stuff from tandy, or are you lucky enough to have a local place that keeps good stocks of stuff?

I do leatherworking semi-professionally so I usually have a decent supply of leather/hardware in stock. Mostly order from online sellers. There's a Tandy about an hour from me but I'll only go there if I need something right away or am desperate.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back