Assassin's Creed 3 Tomahawk WIP- FINISHEDpics:pg 3

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Tomahawk WIP

The more I look at this design, the more I think it needs to be completely scratch built. I'm going to look into doing a run of these... could be a really cool project!

-Magnoli

Really? are you like one of those professional smiths on this forum?

There is only one of me... but many workers that help to make the final product. ;)

I'm gonna agree with Magnoli on this one. Not only is that going to be very, very difficult to cut (it's probably hardened steel; what they make tools out of), it's going to be dangerous too. The angles are going to be virtually impossible to pull off first try, especially if you're not a skilled metalworker.

Make sure you've got someone who knows what they're doing. You could easily lose a finger trying to cut those edges.

Well, we can definitely replicate this piece, so I'm going to do some estimates and see if I can come up with a price. I'll then start an interest list in the junkyard and see how things go...

I'm gonna agree with Magnoli on this one. Not only is that going to be very, very difficult to cut (it's probably hardened steel; what they make tools out of), it's going to be dangerous too. The angles are going to be virtually impossible to pull off first try, especially if you're not a skilled metalworker.

Make sure you've got someone who knows what they're doing. You could easily lose a finger trying to cut those edges.

ummm...ok? I wasn't even sure that i wanted to do the angles in the first place, and the metal is fairly soft (as ive seen), so im think im gonna be fine....

And indy, i know this was a while ago when u posted this, but of course I know its the ac logo! i really am not as simpleminded as you make me out to be, so please give me some credit. and while i had planned on ME doing a run of these, as i had mentioned in another thread, now YOU seem to be doing them....if you are going to advertise your project, then at least have the curtosy to not do it on my thread....

ummm...ok? I wasn't even sure that i wanted to do the angles in the first place, and the metal is fairly soft (as ive seen), so im think im gonna be fine....

And indy, i know this was a while ago when u posted this, but of course I know its the ac logo! i really am not as simpleminded as you make me out to be, so please give me some credit. and while i had planned on ME doing a run of these, as i had mentioned in another thread, now YOU seem to be doing them....if you are going to advertise your project, then at least have the curtosy to not do it on my thread....
I think they mean that the corners of the inside curves are quite tight, push too hard on those and the blade will snap like a twig

It hadn't even crossed my mind until they mentioned it, the safer option might be to cut the bulk of it out and use a dremel to do the fine work

Whoa, I was just trying to help out with that comment about the AC symbol. Sometimes we miss the forest for the trees, I know I do it all the time. It took me YEARS to finally realize there are Ark Cherubs on the headpiece (even AFTER I sculpted my own version, I never saw them).

I didn't realize you were planning on doing a run of these, from the tone of your post I thought this was a one-off for yourself. I even thought by offering a run here, I'd be helping you out as it seems like a really tricky project and, as you mentioned yourself, it'll be a little undersized. I didn't mean to step on any toes.

-Magnoli

Whoa, I was just trying to help out with that comment about the AC symbol. Sometimes we miss the forest for the trees, I know I do it all the time. It took me YEARS to finally realize there are Ark Cherubs on the headpiece (even AFTER I sculpted my own version, I never saw them).

I didn't realize you were planning on doing a run of these, from the tone of your post I thought this was a one-off for yourself. I even thought by offering a run here, I'd be helping you out as it seems like a really tricky project and, as you mentioned yourself, it'll be a little undersized. I didn't mean to step on any toes.

-Magnoli

Sorry if i overreacted, i meant to be civil...now that i reread my post, im not really sure i was :facepalm. To be honest, i get alot of crap because im younger and most of the people in here are old timers like yourself, and often dont take me seriously, which kinda leaves me prone to me thinking people are saying i dont know what im talking about, when in fact i do. And cynderbloc, i was actually planning on grinding the outside part, as opposed to cutting it. i didnt think of using the dremel to shape the inside once cutting out the bulk parts, thats a great idea!

wow!! that is by far the coolest A.C. replica I've seen in awile. Nice job on the details. can't wait to see the end result!

Look, we're not trying to be rude, but the fact is, you're fourteen. Some of us (Magnoli, especially; I'm only twenty myself) have been doing this for a while, and we're trying to spare you some heartache and some hard work. We're not going after you because of your age, but we're trying to help you by giving you some tips and a few shortcuts. We want to help others not make the same mistakes we did. :)

You've come a long way from duct tape and whittled blasters. We're just trying to help you take the next step. ;)

If this guy really is 14 (if the previous comment wasn't an exaggeration) then I think every other person on this forum myself included counts as an old guy.

I have redrawn the edges, and the ac symbol. But are you also talking about the contours and the angle of the grind? cause the angles on the pictures shown are very beveled, and are not very realistic. Haha are your right, the blade is going to be difficult to cut :facepalm Possible, but still difficult :)

lmfao yeah they are. but hey, if you can get it closer to an exact replica the better! YOU CAN DO ITTT!!! XP what do you plan to use to cut it?

Look, we're not trying to be rude, but the fact is, you're fourteen. Some of us (Magnoli, especially; I'm only twenty myself) have been doing this for a while, and we're trying to spare you some heartache and some hard work. We're not going after you because of your age, but we're trying to help you by giving you some tips and a few shortcuts. We want to help others not make the same mistakes we did. :)

You've come a long way from duct tape and whittled blasters. We're just trying to help you take the next step. ;)

Well, actually im 15, but no ones counting :). i appreciate your guys help, it is a very valuable asset and has helped me tremendously on my projects. and by the way, i cut the handle of that blaster with a scroll saw, it was not whittled :lol.

Sirnfet: I have the jigsaw, but dont have the metal cutting blade yet. I was actually kinda angry i wasnt making much progress on this the other day, so i took to the outer corner edge with a hacksaw...after using the dremel to clean it up, it looks pretty good!

Just keep posting pics!! ^^ seriously can't wait for the final picture to be up and us to be all like "oooooohhhhh ahhhhhh"

Hahaha thanks! Ive worked on it alot for the past couple of days, and stayed up til 11 working on it on saturday. ive decided not to do that pointed-indent thing on the inside of the head near the shaft due to difficulty of cutting. other than that, however, it looks awesome! i found a suitable piece of wood to use as the shaft, and all i nead to do on the head is smooth it out with the dremel. do any of you know if wood can be fire-hardened in an oven?

Edit: heres a pic of what i have so far, still working on it though:
12190-dsc00614.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back