Enigma I (3 Rotors), The Imitation Game

mostly engineer

The Enigma machine was always fascinating for me. Never the less if I saw one in museum, or in Films Like Enigma by Michael Apted or more recently The Imitation Game by Morten Tyldum. I Always wanted one and now I am starting to build one. An Enigma I (later war model where the machine was a little more simplified in its construction)

In the Pictures you can see a fully 3D printed and painted one (left) one where some parts are metal and other parts that should be metal are 3D printed (Centre) and the one that will eventually be like an original, all part made from metal are really metal and it will work like the original (Right and the detail pictures)

I am reasonably confident that I will finish the first rotor soon and already start to thing about the next part of the project that will be the reflector drum. Does anyone have reference pictures of the reflector (UKW-B) especially from the Back side? Or the absolute dream would be some engineering drawing of the reflector (UKW-B)

Thanks a lot.

And if you like to follow the process, I will keep you updated here and, on my YouTube Chanel, (Mostly Engineering)

Attachments

• Enigma 1.jpg
    Enigma 1.jpg
    893.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Enigma 2.jpg
    Enigma 2.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Enigma 3.jpg
    Enigma 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • Enigma 4.jpg
    Enigma 4.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Enigma 5.jpg
    Enigma 5.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 39
Now as the year comes to an end I manged to finish all 176 parts of the first Rotor.

Attachments

• Knoll_1.jpg
    Knoll_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • Knoll_2.jpg
    Knoll_2.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 29
  • Knoll_3.jpg
    Knoll_3.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 28
Ambitious project! I have always been casually fascinated by Enigma machines, but I can't say I know much about them. Good luck, I'll be excited to see any updates.

And now the first Rotor is finished, Enjoy the results

Attachments

• Rotor_I_1.jpg
    Rotor_I_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • Rotor_I_2.jpg
    Rotor_I_2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • Rotor_I_3.jpg
    Rotor_I_3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Rotor_I_4.jpg
    Rotor_I_4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • Rotor_I_5.jpg
    Rotor_I_5.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Rotor_I_6.jpg
    Rotor_I_6.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 15

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back