Art of Star Wars in Singapore 2006

GraFX Boy

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend the Hong Kong Toy & Game Fair 2006; afterwards I headed to Manila to meet with a couple of animation studios. My flight back to the States is the 18.5 hour direct flight from Singapore to Newark, NJ. I stayed the night in Singapore and had the opportunity to tour the Art of Star Wars at the Singapore Science Centre. I have been to the Star Wars Magic of the Myth tour in Washington DC and Toledo, Ohio (Toledo Museum of Art). It's always cool to see the exhibits but more so watch and observe the people touring the exhibit. It was really cool seeing it from a different cultural point of view and that's what I experienced in Singapore. We may have language and cultural differences but it is amazing to see how Star Wars has a common thread interwoven through all cultures, and demographics. You can view some of my photos of the AOSW exhibit and the HK Toy & Game Fair at:

http://grafxboy68.blogspot.com/

If you get a permissions error, just refresh your browser. Enjoy....

Wow, I wish I had a reason to go to Singapore :D . Hopefully they will show it in other locations after it finished there.

Saw this terrific exhibition when it came to Tokyo. Like you, I was struck by how the films, and its props and costumes, reach across cultures.

I am also impressed by your reflections on last year's tsunami and its aftermath.

Thanks for sharing your images. :thumbsup

Originally posted by temponaut@Jan 21 2006, 06:15 PM
Saw this terrific exhibition when it came to Tokyo.  Like you, I was struck by how the films, and its props and costumes, reach across cultures.

I am also impressed by your reflections on last year's tsunami and its aftermath.

Thanks for sharing your images.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1164592[/snapback]​

Sweet.... Thanks for sharing the photos

Originally posted by temponaut@Jan 21 2006, 06:15 PM
Saw this terrific exhibition when it came to Tokyo.  Like you, I was struck by how the films, and its props and costumes, reach across cultures.

Thanks for sharing your images.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1164592[/snapback]​

Being in Indonesia right after the Tsunami has been a life changing experience, especially the hardest hit area of Banda Ache.

Currently I'm one of the producers of a new anime series being animated in Manila (Makati City in the Philippines). So for the next several months Singapore will be my hub between the States and the Philippines. I'm hoping to attend the AOSW exhib several more times before it moves on. If you have any photo request feel free to ask.

Originally posted by GraFX Boy@Jan 22 2006, 10:25 PM
I'm hoping to attend the AOSW exhib several more times before it moves on. If you have any photo request feel free to ask.
[snapback]1165116[/snapback]​
Well, now that you mention it, I'd love to see that Boba helmet documented more thoroughly. I bet I'm not the only one. :love

Thanks in advance for keeping it in mind the next time you visit the exhibit.

P.S. Photography was absolutely prohibited when AOSW was here in Tokyo. :cry

SW_55.1.jpg

The floral pattern pillow next to Jabba looks just like the cushion seen in the X-wing cockpit in John Knoll's Star Wars 365 Days book (spread 36).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back