Arrested Development

Larry Young

Master Member
Why did no one tell me how effortlessly funny this show was? And is it an open secret or something that Jessica Walter is playing the same character on ARCHER?

What a fantastic and original comedy! It definitely takes a strange cartoony dip in the short third season, but even that is miles above most TV comedy.

I'm streaming them on Netflix now, and they're like potato chips. I watched four of them on the treadmill yesterday without hardly realizing it, and I'll probably do the same this morning.

yeah, it my fav live action comedy. it is loaded....you can watch it over and over. i don't know if they have started shooting the feature by now...heard about it 2 years ago now. Every character is stellar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny shows like this get cancelled and crap like EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND stays on for a decade...

I miss this show so much. It's one of the few series I own that I can actually sit down and re-watch again and again.

I think the feature film is dead. They keep talking about it but it always seems to fall apart when they get serious.

In the meantime, I'll guess I'll get my fix through Archer with Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth/Malory Archer), Jeffery Tambor (George Bluth Sr/Len Trexler) and Judy Greer (Kitty Sanchez/Cheryl). It's almost a pseudo AD reunion :)

Me too.
I just finished collaborating on a spec comedy pilot, and this show would frequently come up in discussions. A great shame not to have around.

I think the location under your avatar needs to be changed to "San FranciLIVESUNDERAROCKMOSTOFTHETIMEsco".

Very awesome show, and a shame it got cancelled.

I've never seen a LAW AND ORDER or an ER episode, either. Not a one.

Only so much time in the day for vegging in front of the TV; I'm watching ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT on my PADD, standing in line at the bank and such.

I've never seen a LAW AND ORDER or an ER episode, either. Not a one.

Only so much time in the day for vegging in front of the TV; I'm watching ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT on my PADD, standing in line at the bank and such.

Of course, don´t we all ... ;) The "... and such." part does not need further detailing, though ...

It was one of the best shows on TV that noooobody was watching.

I didn't even start watching until the last season... I became quickly hooked and then it was canceled.

It's true... it was badly marketed. Fox has never been good at that sort of thing. They rarely give much to shows and expect Simpsons ratings in the first few weeks or it's canceled. I think the critical acclaim is the only reason it got to stay on for as long as it did.

I'd love to see a movie... but I think it would be hard to get backing for it. No other network wanted to pick it up when Fox was canceling it... many people have never seen it. Now if it could make it into more syndication and get seen there, then I think the demand would go up to either make a movie or bring it back to TV.

In Fox' defense, that was probably a hard show to find a marketing hook for in 2003. It'd make a good match with COUGAR TOWN and MODERN FAMILY for ABC nowadays, though. But of course that's chicken-and-the-egg, yah? Those shows had their way paved by ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, of course.

Why did no one tell me how effortlessly funny this show was? And is it an open secret or something that Jessica Walter is playing the same character on ARCHER?

As cool as you are Larry, I assumed that you would have already seen this show.

One of the greatest tv shows ever created. And it gets funnier with repeated viewings - you'll notice new little sight gags, or looks between actors. The world just wasn't ready for s**t that funny.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back