Armour talk by Dr. Tobias Capwell and Global Effects Costume & Prop house event - February 7th.

lmgill

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For any of you interested in Armour, ("Armor" for us Americans) Global Effects is hosting Dr. Tobias Capwell for a lecture on the history of English armour from the 14th to 16th centuries, and the first public showing of my replica Greenwich Harness.

There will be an all day open house at Global's facility in Sylmar, it will include period sword fighting demos, as well as a discussion and demonstration of the renaissance etch process used to etch the Greenwich armour.

Our VIP reservation, gets you into all of the days activities, along with a personally signed copy of Dr. Capwell's new book "Armour of the English Knight: Continental Armour in England 1435-1500"

We will also have on display the armour from Bram Stoker's Dracula, as well as thousands of costumes and props, from films like; Firefly / Serenity, Space Cowboys, Ad Astra, First Man, Black Knight, Ben Hur (1959), For All Mankind and many others.

Date is February 7th (Only date we could schedule this).

Reservations and more info can be found Here

Toby Talk.jpg

131895513_10157921796317861_8606400841465576736_o.jpg
Greenwich Garniture-Office.jpg

We will also have on display the armour from Bram Stoker's Dracula, as well as thousands of costumes and props, from films like; Firefly / Serenity, Space Cowboys, Ad Astra, First Man, Black Knight, Ben Hur (1959), For All Mankind and many others.
I just called Global Effects and the phone operator told me that the For All Mankind props and costumes will be in the rental department (or something like that) and will not be displayed on the 7th of February.

Who can I call to confirm whether or not we will be able to see those props and costumes? Will photography be permitted for any of the props or costumes? Will there be any more of these open houses in the future?

I just called Global Effects and the phone operator told me that the For All Mankind props and costumes will be in the rental department (or something like that) and will not be displayed on the 7th of February.

Who can I call to confirm whether or not we will be able to see those props and costumes? Will photography be permitted for any of the props or costumes? Will there be any more of these open houses in the future?
They will be in the rental department but not "displayed" per say, because this is an armour event. They will be there though, and visible, along with thousands of costume and props. Also the Gary Oldman Dracula armour, Firerfly spacesuit, Ad Astra costumes, Last Samurai props, Ben Hur armour. Yes, photography will be permitted in the rental department. I'll be happy to personally show them to you.

They will be in the rental department but not "displayed" per say, because this is an armour event. They will be there though, and visible, along with thousands of costume and props. Also the Gary Oldman Dracula armour, Firerfly spacesuit, Ad Astra costumes, Last Samurai props, Ben Hur armour. Yes, photography will be permitted in the rental department. I'll be happy to personally show them to you.
Which attendance reservation choice should I pick if I want to see the costumes and props? If for whatever reason I can't make it to this event, will there be future open houses or future chances to see the Global Effects props and costumes?

Which attendance reservation choice should I pick if I want to see the costumes and props? If for whatever reason I can't make it to this event, will there be future open houses or future chances to see the Global Effects props and costumes?
The all day access, but if you are not interested in armour, no need to attend and armour event. We are open to the public by appointment.

If, one day, you're in Brussels Imgill; pay a visit to "La Porte de Halle" and its museum...plenty of armour there ;)
DSC_7094_bis.jpg

We would like to thank all who attended our open house/ armour lecture.
We had people from all over California, as well as Minnesota, Arizona and from as far away as Japan attend.
Thank you to Dr. Capwell for an amazing talk and to Scott Ferrell and his team for exciting armoured fighting demonstrations.
It was great to have one of the armourers who built the Greenwich armour in attendance, Jeff Wasson, from Wasson Artistry.
We will have other lectures and events, so keep an eye out for other exciting events at Global Effects.
IMG_4913.JPG
IMG_4902.JPG
IMG_4899.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG
20230208_104137.jpg
20230207_111137.jpg
IMG_1527.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back