arkham knight flexible suit

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by thudson4, Aug 9, 2015.

1. thudson4

thudson4 New Member

this suit is going to stay as close to game accurate as possible with a few exceptions for comfort or flexibility
    IMG_0936.JPG this is my template for the chest
    IMG_0938.JPG this is how the foam model turned out
    if u noticed it is 3 seperate pieces i plan on connecting those with elastic strips from walmart comment what u think i should do and how i should do it trying to start a thread for a game accurate arkham knight suit so leave ur thoughts on it so far and plz give me any suggestions u may have

2. PhantomEvoX

PhantomEvoX Member

Looks like you have a good start. I thought of going this route for mine but just worried about durability issues

3. GraphikFX

GraphikFX New Member

I've started my Arkham Knight outfit and I'm sticking to the game design as well, but I haven't gotten to the chest yet. I started with the bracers and went to the Helmet. Helmet is almost done as far as construction goes. What you have looks good so far! Can't wait to see the finished product.

4. thudson4

thudson4 New Member

chest is completely cut from foam now all i have to do is coat in plasti-dip and paint. after that i will start to work on the abbs and connecting the chest with elastic strips

Attached Files:

5. superher0g33k

superher0g33k Active Member

6. thudson4

thudson4 New Member

Does any one know what thickness to use for the abbs I was thinking of 5mm foam but idk if that should be thick enough

7. thudson4

thudson4 New Member

8. PhantomEvoX

PhantomEvoX Member

I'm using the Eva foam mats for the abs its thick but you have more to play with when sanding

9. thudson4

thudson4 New Member

I will try that and see how it turns out

10. Moviepropmaker6

Moviepropmaker6 Active Member

Finally someone actually making a game accurate suit with seperate pieces and flexibility

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please make athread

- - - Updated - - -

Finally someon actually making a game accurate suit with separate pieces and flexibility

- - - Updated - - -

Finally,Someone actually making a game accurate suit with flexibility and separate pieces

11. Kazuhira

Kazuhira New Member

ive always thought of this as a good idea, just dont have the time to do it
    heres a tip, before you but the elastic straps on put some black spandex, that way when the pieces separate you'll only see black instead of a bunch of elastic straps
    just looks better

12. thudson4

thudson4 New Member

thx i will definetly do that

13. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

I'm working on this suit myself on 3D printed plastic (haven't got the pieces yet) and I really wanted to do the same idea as you I'm just worried due to the extra weight of plastic it will compromise the strength of the suit looking good mate

Sent From The Batcave