Arkham-ish armored Robin WIP

That looks seriously awesome! Im playing with the idea of cutting some muscle shape stencils to try out on a grey compression shirt I have left from an abandoned Batman project.

That looks seriously awesome! Im playing with the idea of cutting some muscle shape stencils to try out on a grey compression shirt I have left from an abandoned Batman project.

That would be very cool. You could do that pattern and then lay an all over mesh-pattern over it (or vice-versa) to really get low and highlights.

If you're not settled on anything in particular for an undershirt yet, I think a black windbreaker pullover with the sleeves cut off or cut short would give a good ballistic/tactical look underneath your armor. It'll be slightly baggy, but not cumbersome. I think spraypainting the pattern on it might even look good too.

Kinda like this except all black. I think we all had one in grade school...
$_35.JPG

Batman kinda has that look in Origins, so it might be a good fit. Just a thought. :thumbsup

I could definitely see that working! I think I'm just going to go with a long sleeved compression shirt at this point though, its just easier really. I added some yellow onto the inside of my cape which helps to offset the black of the rest of the costume and keep everything from blending together.

Slapped everything together onto this makeshift stand (a hand cart) to see how the yellow in the cape worked with the rest of the pieces. Not pictured are the bicep pads, bo, and mask. Still need to get to work on what pants I'm going to wear with these, most likely a dark (black) denim for comforts sake.

QL3dCvEl.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it all looks, the belt does need some work though, and I'm still unsure if it will be black or yellow. Anyway, for those of you who have been following this thread and encouraging me along the way I wanted to thank you for all the advice youve been giving, it has really been helping me get through some not awesome times.

Alright you all are going to have to excuse the Bat-selfie that I took to get these pictures, but I wanted to get one with an actual human in it instead of just random costume pieces.

First heres my belt that I made today. Decided not to use the black cartridge belt because it wasn't really matching all that well.

6JFHKrvl.jpg

And here it is with the chest armor and bracers
OUWsHEYl.jpg

tried to get a side angle of the armor and strapping

uMMxgf4l.jpg

well that's my selfie quota met for the year, but it's better than nothing!

LOVE the new belt! Miles away better than the cartridge belt. Looking really amazing so far - can't wait to see the whole project come together. :)

So I'm kind of second guessing myself now with the color choices. The green to me is very much Dick Grayson Robin, while I had initially wanted to aim for a Tim Drake/Red Robin look, so I'm considering repainting a couple of items.

I'm not sure though, if anyone has any advice on that I would be happy to hear it.

I really like the red and green look you have going on! I think if you were to add more red it would look a bit plain.

I really like the red and green look you have going on! I think if you were to add more red it would look a bit plain.

Yeah that was kind of my worry and why I went with the green in the first place. The fact is people will recognize it as Robin and the only person who will really care/know which specific one, is me. Thanks for the input!

Vest really boosts your physique, a nice effect. How's movement, can you bend your abs and kidney area ?
Ha thanks, I definitely feel more comfortable in it than pure lycra! The movement is pretty unimpeded, especially due to the foam having a tiny bit of give where it counts. It isn't good enough to touch my toes though without bending my knees but I'm alright with that, can't imagine really sitting in it too long though.

That gun looks great but what about sticking a Robin "R" over the Nerf logo? I think it would look really nice if it's the same colour as the rest of the gun

That gun looks great but what about sticking a Robin "R" over the Nerf logo? I think it would look really nice if it's the same colour as the rest of the gun

That's a great idea! I'm not sure exactly how I would make it but I might experiment now.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back