Arkham City Harley Quinn & Posion Ivy

neonrabbit

My friend & I recently attended a con dressed as Arkham City Harley Quinn & Arkham Asylum Poison Ivy. Both costumes were hand made by ourselves. My Harley costume was hand sewn, and took 5 months (with no slacking lol). It needs a few tweeks for the next con, but overall I was happy with the final outcome & it was a blast to wear. Unfortunately, we ran out of time the morning of the con (after 6 hrs of getting ready!) to apply all of Ivy's "puffy vines". The improvised vines are just painted on. But it was still super fun!

061811145904-1.jpg

260520_619929963620_39902886_33817768_2799414_n.jpg
DSC03671.jpg

Wow. Great job ladies! The puffy vines sounds like the perfect way to go. Was it puffy paint? The HQ outfit is amazingly detailed. Any leather in the mix, by chance or is it all vinyl? How is tightened, from the back? Those boots rock, by the way. I now firsthand that making any kind of shoe, let alone mid-thigh boots aren't easy to make. I'm willing to bet that took most of your time.

The vines were puffy paint indeed. The corset actually closes in the front along side the privacy panel (it doesn't lace). That is one of the things that needs tweeked actually. I also want to add boning to the corset so it lays better. The costume is 100% pleather (except the shirt). Any yes, the boots were time consuming to say the least! Agh! This was the first costume I've ever made, so I learned a lot. I feel like after those boots, I can pull off any shoe/boot! lol

Looks amazing! The only couple of things I can see to improve the likeness of the Harley costume is 1. she only wears 1 wristband on her right arm (still 2 on the left) and 2, to get her joker tattoos printed on (left hip, right arm). And I know this is really anal, but her thong is black, not red :p

Oh my gosh, I never realized I put the bracelets on the wrong side! It was a bit of a hectic morning to say the least, getting into our costumes and we were running out of time. As for the tattoos, I just plain ran out of time to make them, but I plan to next time for sure. Also will fix up the crotch of the pants, which decided to be all pouffy. And of course stiffen up the corset with some boning. :)

WOW your outfit's rules well done on both of them,your pose as harley in this photo
260520_619929963620_39902886_33817768_2799414_n.jpg
is priceless LOL you look heaps like harley >.< cannot wait till arkham comes out :D

Oh my gosh, I never realized I put the bracelets on the wrong side! It was a bit of a hectic morning to say the least, getting into our costumes and we were running out of time. As for the tattoos, I just plain ran out of time to make them, but I plan to next time for sure. Also will fix up the crotch of the pants, which decided to be all pouffy. And of course stiffen up the corset with some boning. :)

I can totally understand that, getting ready is hard enough when you're not dressing as someone else!! It's only little details anyway, the costume looks fantastic regardless and something you'll be able to do next time anyway! The boning is probably a good plan, I've found before anything like that I've worn tends to warp otherwise :(
Just got back from the London Film&Comicon this weekend aswell- there were a few Harleys and Ivys there (some were SERIOUSLY lazy!) but none of the costumes looked as good as these :p

Poofy?? the pants dont look poofy, maybe it is the angle of the shots. Great costumes by the way and my only critique would be to put some more bounce in your pig tails. Make them a little more full. This coming from a guy wiith long hair as well. lol.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back