Apologies for my recent thread.

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just wanted to apologise to the forum about the thread i started the other day about recast practice in the prop community.My intention wasnt to offend any people and i think i became a little confused as to what is what,and was moreso reading too much into recent discussions about certain Star Wars armour.It seems as though a few persons knew what i was trying to say,but i obviously got my wires crossed and in some way misinterpreted the definitions of the recast practice.

I in no way advocate people using other persons artistic creations,in a way that they profit from someone elses hard work.

I am sorry if i caused any offence to the persons who do produce quality replicas for the enjoyment of other honest collectors.

Lee

This is always a sensitive issue. Some people will understand what you are trying to say in a thread like that and it sparks debate in others.

In my opinion, it's good to read the RPF rules regarding recasting and if you have a specific question, take it to PMs with a mod instead of opening up that particular can of worms.

:D

I don't think there's any need to apologize. It's a confusing issue....and it will never be black & white. It's something that you just have to accept in this hobby....

Lee,

No need to apologise to anyone. I just thought you were picking peoples brains for their opinions and perceptions of recasting issues. Sometimes it is a grey area and a little bit of clarity is needed sometimes hopefully you got something out of your thread.

I don't think you offended anyone :) .

Cheers Chris.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back