Apex Legends props-- Shield Cell, Wingman, Octane stim, and more in the future

Godspeed

Hey all! Long time browser, first time poster. I have been blown away by some of the props I've seen on here and wanted to add some that I have worked on. I got a 3d printer about 8-9 months ago and have been printing non-stop. Here are some of the items from the game "Apex Legends" that I think I got some of my best finishes on.

First up, I printed the shield cell-- great file found on thingiverse with great attention to detail by the creator: Shield Cell from Apex Legends by MakingStuff3D

63868226469__A9BBF234-FACD-48B9-A69A-4013E2F2B14C.jpg

Printed in PLA white for the main body, inners were done with grey and silk bronze

IMG_0871.jpg

Test fit, windows were later replaced w/ clear acrylic

64010394596__F5DD0F9A-DC40-44A9-83CE-AF892D09C4C3.jpg

I was really psyched about this finish that I picked up from one of Adam Savage's Tested vids-- used spray glue to get a cool cast/pitted metal look
64194661503__C063F153-3FDF-422D-B414-00AA4ABC1BE2.jpg

And then got it all weathered up!
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Next Project was the Wingman pistol. I used rustoleum metallic paints layered over each other for this one, then buffed it with steel wool and it got an ok finish for me. It's at least a step above just relying on rub'n'buff. Black parts were flat black w/ graphite powder on them, handpainted the grip w/ acrylics to make it look like wood, and then weathered. I also had heavily sanded and painted w/ filler primer on this one, which gave me some of the best surfaces. Patience pays off. Thanks for reading!
64498368794__FB4AAB83-D0A0-42B8-A25B-F4829D9B362B.jpg

64732167975__E44D2A1B-B35B-4382-9744-86F807F9FCD5.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

Sweeeet!! Very nice!

We are printing a full size R-301 at the moment and hope to offer solid resin casts.
Nice! There are a couple great models of the 301 floating around. Think I might go for an R99 next though, just because it's smaller and I dont feel like dealing with the scale of the 301, haha

Just printing the last part on this now. All done on an Elegoo Saturn with their water-wash resin. Combo of solid and hollow parts. Going to begin creating molds for this over the next few weeks so that we can offer them in solid resin casts.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 111
Just printing the last part on this now. All done on an Elegoo Saturn with their water-wash resin. Combo of solid and hollow parts. Going to begin creating molds for this over the next few weeks so that we can offer them in solid resin casts.
Very Nice! I've been printing the R99 non-stop over the past week and painting as I go. Just waiting for the rest of the spray paint colors I need then I should be able to finish it shortly.

I would love to do the 301 at some point, but i havent been able to find a model I really like. All of them look too boxy and sharp. I understand that theyve been modeled right off the game pcs, but in real life that fore grip edge would be *so* uncomfortable to hold

There are rounded pieces underneath going all the way from the clip to the end. It's actually a pretty comfortable gun to carry. This piece was missing from my pic:

IMG_0271.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back