Anyone seen this before?

On the two disc DVD special edition version of Predator, that was the only deleted scene on the second disc.

How deleted scenes are treated vary from production and director. James Cameron really should get credit for how people see directors commentary and deleted scenes and directors cuts in current times. Some productions like Event Horizon, the deleted scenes weren't given the same treatment, although many deleted scenes we never see are usually alternate versions of the story itself that undergo change ( I suspect the film Supernova is a classic case of this)

Speaking of deleted scenes...

There's one shot in particular that I believe was missing from early VHS copies of Predator ( I think it's been in all the DVDs available to date, can't say for sure ).
It's always struck me as odd...

When the Predator shines its targeting lasers onto its wrist blades, and they start to glow.
WTF?
Is it cleaning blood off, heating them up, or sharpening them maybe?
If so, why the targeting laser? I dunno, I just don't like the idea of the mechanism there being anything other than "Pred moves head to point laser, caster follows dots til locked... boom."
Making the target dots themselves powerful enough to be a weapon... Nuh uh, sorry.

A friend made this video, he used the deleted scene and added the music, and the sounds fx.

I'm trying to make a Predator version with this scene included , in order to have a Predator "Director's cut."
Of course the "The Action Fans" at he bottom will not appear in the DC.

If anybody is interested to help me, PM me.

i haven't seen this. pretty cool. i understand it was cut but it would have been cool to show maybe the pred's laser sight on him then shooting the tree to show that he was toying with dutch. cool stuff though.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back