anyone remember "Night Flight"?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
I was flipping channels tonight and happened across Vh1 80's videos and I had a flashback from my childhood.

I remember when I was in 5th or 6th grade my parents got me my own cable TV for my room (Bad idea).
I remember waiting till my parents went to bed and then flipping the TV on and staying up all night watching movies...On the weekends it was Night Flight.
What a bizarre concept for a show.
For those not familiar, Night Flight was a variety show that sprung up just around the same time as music videos.
THe show started real late at night and went on until about dawn.
THe show consisted of bizarre music videos (heavy metal and 80's pop) underground short films, animated films, old movie serials and cult movies.
I remember seeing Reefer Madness, Rock n Rule, and all sorts of weird films.
(I believe I saw "Heavy Metal" and "Pink FLoyd's The Wall" on Night Flight...Can't be sure though.)

Here are a few segments from the show -

YouTube - NightFlight the thing what lurked in the tub
YouTube - 1981 Night Flight broadcast

Some of the movies from Night FLight -
http://night_flight1.tripod.com/movies.html

Are there any fans of this show on the RPF??

DS

I remember being about the same age and watching this show. I was both repulsed and attracted to it. I think more than anything, the chance I might see scantily clad women is what made me keep coming back.

I loved Night Flight and would stay up many a night until dawn watching it.
It was normally the only place on TV I could see videos from artists I loved in the punk or new wave scenes.

Yes, I remember that show! Loved it for the videos and the films. I think I saw Reefer Madness on there too, hehe. I was in Junior High (8th or 9th grade I think). I'd order a Domino's Pizza (can't stand 'em now) and stay up late watching Night Flight.

I remember one movie that I swear had Pat Benatar in it; maybe even Debbie Harry—though I might be combining a couple different flicks in my head.

The film that's stuck in my memory was about a couple of punk bands. The girl singer had a cool mohawk with a stripe and everyone called her a skunk. She dated a guy from another band. She stole one of his songs and got more recognition from it than he ever did—but maybe her band played it better.

The song she ripped off was something about "Join the professionals" or some such. I've been trying to find this film to no avail.

If anyone knows this movie, let me know. It's probably really bad, but I'd like to watch it again someday. :)

EDIT:::
Just found out the song, "Join the Professionals" by The Epoxies
Haha, a fitting band name for this forum!

Man, just found the movie:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains" Diane Lane is in it?

I swear this info wasn't on the 'net the last time I looked. Thanks for the reminder!

Last edited:
:
I remember being about the same age and watching this show. I was both repulsed and attracted to it. I think more than anything, the chance I might see scantily clad women is what made me keep coming back.

:thumbsup I think that is why I remember watching it too :lol

I miss the USA Network in general. They took it out of our market and off our networks here a while ago.

Does anyone remember USA Up All NIght..... with Big breasted Blonde Rhonda? That was pretty cool too. I enjoyed watching terrible B-Movies on that show.

Does anyone remember USA Up All NIght..... with Big breasted Blonde Rhonda? That was pretty cool too. I enjoyed watching terrible B-Movies on that show.

Oh yeah, Rhonda was great fun. Have some trading cards somewhere of her.

Trailer Park with Joe Bob Briggs too, and I miss Space Ghost.

Pretty much Adult Swim is it now for late night weird stuff. And I only like a few shows.

i still have a bunch of night flight video tapes i made back in the day... they're on a shelf collecting dust. i should put some up on youtube...

i loved watching that computer graphic city fly-over...

I Loved "Night Flight" - it was like a cultural junk drawer, and every saturday night, somebody would root through it.

"New Wave Theater" with Peter Ivers, followed by some old 50's schoolroom film, followed by a concert film, followed by... whatever. Mix-N-Match Madness. Never to come again... ~sigh~

it's a shame that we have access to hundreds of TV channels, yet there is nothing even remotely close to that content. it seems every cable network is morphing into the same jumbled mess of reality shows, cooking, home improvement and crime drama.

I remember being a night owl since I was born. My mom would wake up to find me in front of the TV in the middle of the night. I used to watch Night Flight. I remember seeing a cartoon, it was called Fantastic Planet. That was a weird cartoon. Years later, it popped up in the movie "The Cell" . Jenifer Lopez has it on TV while she's in bed during a scene.

Night Flight made me feel older, like I was watching something bordering on for adults only. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back