Anyone know the brand or dimensions of the EVIL Dead chainsaw prop blade?

Nakanokalronin

Sr Member
I recently bought a Homelite XL chainsaw to convert into the Evil Dead chainsaw. The only part I bought so far is the side grill which is correct and GTG. I know the prop's blade length is 20", but it seems to be much thicker than the Homelite branded 20" blade I wasted money on. Does anyone know the exact blade or the dimensions of any of the blades they used for any of the movies or TV show?

I'm not sure that anyone knows the bar thickness (gauge) tbh. Google tells me that ".043", .050", .058", and .063". .050" is the most common gauge". Take a look at what your bar is and get a thicker one.

I'm not sure that anyone knows the bar thickness (gauge) tbh. Google tells me that ".043", .050", .058", and .063". .050" is the most common gauge". Take a look at what your bar is and get a thicker one.
They used multiple bars in evil dead 2. The craftsman bar was used in both ED2 and AOD. The other saw in AOD and the tv show are an Oregon bar. Off the top of my head I forget the gauge. But the other bar in ED2 is a sandvik windsor hard nose. I think it’s a 56 with a . 375 pitch. Super common and really cheap back in the day. Keep in mind these were low budget films.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back