Anyone heard of MPM Costumes.

Martin from MPM costumes is not a member here so he's asked me to post the following on his behalf

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Hi There
A Very interesting read indeed from some members here & I would like to
take the
opportunity to give you all an insight into MPM and what it is set up to do.

MPM is a kind of Distributor but also maker of own costumes using talents of prop & costume makers around the world. There are many Items that are not made by MPM and also many Items that are. The references to SDS and others you have mentioned are correct,
however, these
have all been based on agreements with those companies & nothing on the
website
has been "Stolen" from someone elses website & used to sell our own gear. All pictures are used with permission and no pictures on the website are false compared to the product that a customer recieves.

All products on the website are what a customer would get when they recieve their order & we have been doing this with very high praise now for over 2 years. MPM's aim is to bring as many talents together and sell under one roof a complete one stop shop for costumers & prop collectors & I myself decided to set this up as I first started out wanting a Jedi costume for myself & finding that I had to search everywhere to find accurate parts to make the entire costume. That was when the penny dropped and decided to launch a site
of my own
to bring all these things together & to help other fellow costumers find what they are looking for and order it from one place.

Since then I have been contacted by various prop and costume makers
asking to be
added to the site. Some are taken on & some are not. Various deals are made behind the scenes with regard to retail prices, some I admit are more
expensive
than others but that is just the way of things. The sabers also are a
very good
price & I do not seek to make stupid amounts of money from people.

MPM is a company that is run part time by myself and am working hard to
develop
it further to continue to add more products and more dealer agreements. I also hope to be able to give up the day job one day with this company so any advice you guys want to give is more than welcome. If any of you have any individual questions you would like to put to me please feel free to email me at martin@mpmcostumes.com and I will be glad to give you further insights.

The Forum is moderated by me & it is down to the customers to place posts in there, I dont chase my customers to put posts in there after they have purchased. So I leave it to them to place comments in the forum, good or bad. I would love to see more posts regarding products but it is down to the customers to post about them.

I think that is probably enough now. Could go on for longer but I think that covers most of it.

Thanks for taking an interest and highest regards to you all.
( I think im a nice chap. )
Martin
Managing Director
MPM Costumes Ltd
[/b]

The best thing about RPF is learning something new every day, and that site is pretty cool, however, i feel much of the featured stuff is findable possibly cheaper on E-Bay. But, still a useful site to know nevertheless

Well I commissioned MPM to produce a Luminara Unduli costume for my other half, as nobody else would even consider doing it as it's a tricky costume to get right for many reasons. The result was fantastic and we now have a unique costume, that IMHO is as close to the original as you're likely to find...see below. (Click for larger version). We were delighted with the result.

I believe Martin actually did a lot of the other Jedi's in this picture as well.

He gets my vote...goes to show how easy it is to jump to the wrong conclusions :)

My advice would be if you have any doubts about where his costumes come from or the quality of the work...just ask him :)

<div class='quotetop'>(SL7484 @ May 16 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]1245019[/snapback]</div>
Well I commissioned MPM to produce a Luminara Unduli costume for my other half, as nobody else would even consider doing it as it's a tricky costume to get right for many reasons. The result was fantastic and we now have a unique costume
[/b]

Now that is one impressive costume I've seen it first hand. Kudos to MPM :thumbsup

Thanks, stealthtrooper, for posting on Martin's behalf, and thanks to Martin for taking the time to introduce his site and service to us.

Lots of positive feedback coming in about MPM now. :)

<div class='quotetop'>( @ May 16 2006, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1244998[/snapback]</div>
The Forum is moderated by me & it is down to the customers to place posts in there, I dont chase my customers to put posts in there after they have purchased. So I leave it to them to place comments in the forum, good or bad. I would love to see more posts regarding products but it is down to the customers to post about them.[/b]

One thing I thought to mention earlier is that the online forum includes several posts from people who placed orders and subsequently had trouble contacting Martin. Some might take that as a red flag with regard to customer service. But it seemed to me more a positive indicator of the owner's honesty. If he had wanted to whitewash things, he could simply have deleted any "negative" posts and left nothing but a sanitized image. Instead, he's got what seems to be an open forum in which customers and prospective customers can leave uncensored feedback about products and services.

I wonder if the lighted BSG TOS helmets on the MPM site are the same as those mentioned (but not pictured) on BSG.com. They look very nice. :love

Martin (or stealthtrooper), what's the reason that MPM doesn't include the names of the manufacturers on the site? Is it a marketing strategy, or is it more related to legal concerns? (If you'd rather not get into it, that's cool, too. :) )

Thanks again for posting. :thumbsup

P.S. Great photo SL7484. But since you're posing in front of Starbuck's, shouldn't you be wearing BSG gear? :p

But seriously, your costumes and sabers look brilliant. :thumbsup

The bowcaster looks like a Randy500.

Noticed a mistake on the ROTJ E-11. The site says its cast from a real Sterling L2A3. Its actually cast from the MGC Sterling and I'm pretty sure it originates from one of my real MGCs

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back