Anyone have props from My Science Project?

crusher38

pretty good 80's flick with a ton of stuff that could have been saved. what i was most interested in was the time machine itself

Yeah that's so true, I thought it was an excellent movie, I though that I would be seeing more props from that movie on here.

The time machine from that classic film has been discussed many times on this forum.

Sadly nothing has ever come out of it.

The last thread someone was going to ask the guy that did the Plasma ball for it some questions but we never heard back

The time machine from that classic film has been discussed many times on this forum.

Sadly nothing has ever come out of it.

The last thread someone was going to ask the guy that did the Plasma ball for it some questions but we never heard back

Has anyone got a good photo of that, as my memory is a little hazy, due to 12 years playing in a pub rock band.

I own the T-rex teeth and skin.. hangs on my wall with a photo from on set of the crew working on the Trex during the gym scene..it ROCKS!:lol

Well - I'll toss in what I know -

Years ago - 92/93 - worked in the Disney Mailroom and during breaks or downtime I would loiter in the prop house - It was stuffed back then The FLYNN'S sign was hanging from the ceiling and the back room top shelf was lined with Rocketeer packs - about 5 or 6 up high and out of reach. Well, there was a display counter in the middle of the room and on top of that counter was the Time Machine device. I recognized it right away. The plasma ball was still intact but some of the surrounding black plastic housing was chipped or falling apart (no problem for most of my brothers of sisters here to fix) I messed with it a little but there was no cord to turn it on and I even thought about taking the thing seeing how it was just tossed to the side along with a number of other unidentifiable props.

Cut to - 2006. I was leaving Disney after a meeting and stopped by the prop house just to see if there were any Rocketeer Packs left - nope. I looked all over for the Time Machine (and anything I might be able to find from Sky High) but found nothing. So I know up until 93 the device was in the Disney prop house - no idea where it is now. Maybe during that big liquidation sale they had they sod it off - ??

most likely thrown away or disney archives has it......i know they didnt take care of their props after a certain time...disney archives get first pick and everything else gets tossed....i talked to several people and they said disney throws away props....they rather have them in the trash than selling them off to collectors...i think it was one of the main reasons why they stopped having those disney auctions

the rocketpacks may be the same ones on the studio tour, peevys lemonaide stand, and some dinner restaurant...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back