Question anyone else getting a virus warning while visiting the site today?

Problem Solved:

skSJG.jpg

Re: RPF flagged as UNSAFE WEBSITE?

Well for anyone who catches this-

The virus won't run in safe mode- so it is possible to remove the virus using Malwarebytes or Spybot in safe mode.

Man was that ever ANNOYING!

Stupid hackers! :angry :thumbsdown

Kevin

Odd. I've been on quite a bit today and the only warnings I've gotten were the constant Firefox redpages, which are easily disabled in Options. Norton and other programs tell me that everything is perfectly clean. Perhaps because I use the Flashblock and Ad Block Plus extensions, and never load the disease-ridden graphics in the first place?

They still have some work to do, it would appear. Earlier today, malicious software was being hosted on two sites via therpf. Now, it's up to 3 sites...so, so far, it's getting worse, not better.

I'm surprised vbulletin software is susceptible to iframe exploits. Those are VERY old and fixes have been around for them for a couple of years now...

Problem Solved:

skSJG.jpg

Actually, that doesn't really 'solve' the problem. ;-)

You're just turning off the warnings. therpf is still an intermediary for 2 different websites that can and will try to install malware on your computer.

The problem is actually getting worse. Earlier today, Google listed the rpf as hosting two malicious software exploits via 2 websites. This evening, it has climbed to three...

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 113 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 45 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-23.

Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including personallybuild.co.cc/, requestbusforward.co.cc/, 213.5.64.0/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including clickme172.ipq.co/, personallybuild.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Surely vbulletin software has fixes and/or patches to remedy this iframe problem?

You definitely will want to run an anti-virus or anti-malware prog.

Just as a note for the future, you should never have to install software from therpf.com to make the site run.

Art, if it's an iframe exploit, does vbulletin software have a patch or a fix to close the hole? It might be coming in through a sql injection attack. Google is listing 3 different sites now that are being fed via therpf. Earlier today, it was only 2.

You might want to check your attachments directory and the customprofilepics directory to see if there are any funny/odd files there. This only started happening today, so chances are, any files there with today's date may be the culprits. There's a good chance the files in question will be php files instead of images.

Something else to look at is the forum/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js file. There may be iframe code inserted there....

I'm still getting the warning.
Earlier today I got the warning, removed the block and was told by my anti-virus it was blocking a trojan.

When I unblocked and got on now,
I got the warning about the site,
but no indication that the trojan was trying to download.

Does the always-open registration increase the risk of the site being infected?
Or are the two in no way connected?

Mike

Is it the damn banners??

Odd. I've been on quite a bit today and the only warnings I've gotten were the constant Firefox redpages, which are easily disabled in Options. Norton and other programs tell me that everything is perfectly clean. Perhaps because I use the Flashblock and Ad Block Plus extensions, and never load the disease-ridden graphics in the first place?

Got two viruses today, both when I visited here. Both times it did the java update for me as well. I'm here now with my iPod. Sucks it's coming from this site, but glad to know where it's coming from...

Getting the warning with Safari on my Mac. I had to turn off the warning in my Preferences to even post. I'm afraid to come here when I'm at the office (PC) though.

Scott

I hate to say it but...... MODS PLEASE TAKE THE RPF DOWN. We are getting crushed out here. Put up a redirect to a page explaining the problem then fix it. It's the responsible thing to do.

Christian

I hate to say it but...... MODS PLEASE TAKE THE RPF DOWN. We are getting crushed out here. Put up a redirect to a page explaining the problem then fix it. It's the responsible thing to do.

Christian

The site was OK for me for a while last night, but is hosting viruses again this morning.
I won't visit the RPF again until the attack warning page no longer comes up.

Good Luck with the fix, Folks.

Mike

Hey from Holland,

same here too ... quite annoying!

It was just fine when I came on about an hour ago ... but it started after I clicked to the 2nd page in the junkyard!

-Chaim

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back