Question anyone else getting a virus warning while visiting the site today?

The RPF was very slow to load for me either yesterday or the day before. I wonder if that was related to the attack that injected the malware?

I think it just kicked back to normal Edit: Nope, if I turn the blocker back on it won't let the page run, but the theme's are back at least :thumbsup

The only way I can post and view the site normally is by cutting off the Firefox attack site warning feature. When it's active, it's a plain white background and won't let me post.

I just have to read a firefox report about the sign every-time I try and do something if I have the block up

Well if you disable the attack site warning option it makes things a bit easier for now but do not install the so called required plugins and make sure your antivirus is up to date. I'm still getting both plugin required and my antivirus is still catching stuff. I'm sure Art and the staff are hard at work on it but I think it's going to be a job.

Re: RPF flagged as UNSAFE WEBSITE?

just fyi heres what google says:

afe Browsing
Diagnostic page for therpf.com

What is the current listing status for therpf.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 97 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 30 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-23.
Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including personallybuild.co.cc/, 213.5.64.0/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including clickme172.ipq.co/, personallybuild.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, therpf.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Yeah well...

My computer has whatever was downloaded- "Security Tool"

How the hell do I get rid of it? :angry

I don't have an anti-virus. I just have Malwarebytes.

I ran a scan in safe mode (which I'm in right now). It found the infected object- removed it. However when I restarted my computer it was back again.

Kevin

Indeed, and I only hope that google and firefox stop being so annoying so I can use the rpf without having to worry about surfing the web at the same time.

I did what was suggested and modified my firefox to allow blocked sites but then norton says it blocked an attack right as i reloaded this site.

Yeah well...

My computer has whatever was downloaded- "Security Tool"

How the hell do I get rid of it? :angry

I don't have an anti-virus. I just have Malwarebytes.

I ran a scan in safe mode (which I'm in right now). It found the infected object- removed it. However when I restarted my computer it was back again.

Kevin

Sounds like Norton just saved my butt again when it said it blocked an attack.

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at www.therpf.com appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that hosts malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with this site, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.therpf.com.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

wtf.....

Thanks for posting this. I thought it was somehow just my comp. I could not get onto the RPF to find out what was going on and it took me about a dozen tries just to shoot ART a PM

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back