Anyone done Obi EP4 belt?

Prometheus

Trying to come up with a non conventional display idea for my Kenobi saber.
Has anyone been able to duplicate Kenobi's EP4 belt accurately?
I know Luke and Han's have been done before...

Dave aka lgtsbr has done one, and a very nice one it was- during the saberbelt days. I am sure he'll post some pics once he's seen this. Pouches and all, very impressive....

It's funny, because they kept the saber on the belt between scenes.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/obibelt001.JPG[/image]

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/obibelt002.JPG[/image]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lesternessman @ May 12 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]1243187[/snapback]</div>
Dave aka lgtsbr has done one, and a very nice one it was- during the saberbelt days. I am sure he'll post some pics once he's seen this. Pouches and all, very impressive....
[/b]

With Jim's help, yes it came out ok. I was never a big fan of the way the pouch turned out and I never got around to remaking it. I will have to see what I have uploaded and go from there, it will be later tonight before I can look on my server

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgtsbr @ May 12 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]1243231[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lesternessman @ May 12 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]1243187[/snapback]
[/b]

With Jim's help, yes it came out ok. I was never a big fan of the way the pouch turned out and I never got around to remaking it. I will have to see what I have uploaded and go from there, it will be later tonight before I can look on my server

Dave
[/b][/quote]

any pics of the "real" belt?

other than the ones above...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldken @ May 12 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1243309[/snapback]</div>
any pics of the "real" belt?
[/b]

gotta look for those too, I know I have some somewhere....

Ok - lots here

Movie Stills:

OHS_1.jpg

OHS_2.jpg

OHS_3.jpg

OHS_4.jpg

OHS_5.jpg

OHS_6.jpg

OHS_7.jpg

OHS_8.jpg

OHS_9.jpg

OHS_11.jpg

OHS_12.jpg

OHS_13.jpg

My Rendition:

OHSProto_FinishedBorder_001.jpg

OHSProto_Finished01LR.jpg

Close Up

OHSProto_Finished02LR.jpg

Close Up

OHSProto_Finished03LR.jpg

Close Up

OHSProto_Finished04LR.jpg

Close Up

OHSProto_Finished05LR.jpg

Close Up

OHSProto_Finished06LR.jpg

Close Up

OHSProto_Finished07LR.jpg

Close Up

Dave

Thanks for the pics guys.
Here are some of the pics of the belt from the Sideshow 1/4 scale Kenobi statue taken by one of the members in chinese-starwars.com
I wonder if Sideshow had access to the real thing while developing the scaled down version.

[attachmentid=8046]
[attachmentid=8047]

Here are some pics of the belt LgtSbr made for me quite a while ago (almost 2 years). The pics with me wearing the belt are reflections in the mirror so don't freak out if everything appears to be on the wrong side ;) .

Paul ô¿ô

I have one of his fine belts.......I can't say enough good things. I don't have pics, but it looks identical to the ones in the pics. :)

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>(Ghost Host @ Nov 16 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1358796[/snapback]</div>
Anyone else still doing these?
[/b]

I am also interested in knowing this as I'll be wearing an Obi Ep IV costume for Halloween next year.

I heard he wasn't, unfortunately. I'm looking at getting the raw materials from Tandy leather and try putting mine together. I'm gonna do an episode 3, ...episode 4 crossover.

sorry, I am not doing them at this point. I was never really happy with the pouch and would want to perfect that if I ever got back into it, not to mention I would have no way to sew the pouch together at the moment.

I could probably do the rest of the belt, minus the pouch, but would need to order leather and buckles, I am sure I still have the hardware here as well as saber hooks. I would need 4 or more solid orders for belts before I would do that, and I would only work on OT belts at this point.

GH - sorry I didn't get back to you, I have been pretty busy - I have saber hooks here

Dave

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back