Anyone collect Diecast

Boba Debt

Master Member
I have expanded our pallet to diecast models and have decided to go with the following companies for the different genres

Jada for 1/24 scale cars collecting mostly Batmobiles, Replica Movie / TV Cars and some Inspired cars such as the Spiderman Ford GT

Hobby Master for 1/72 scale Military Aircraft

Eaglemoss for Starships in the 8" - 12" size

If you collect diecast and have any tips please post below and be sure to include a pic of your collection

Last edited:
Greenlight Collectables do make nice cars from movies & tv in 1/18, 1/24 & 1/64. They have made the V-8 interceptor from Mad Max and have the rights to many other franchises including Robocop, Terminator, A-Team & so many more.
181GR04_V8-18_03.jpg

I used to collect large scale cars but sold it off. Just a few Mustangs now and cara I’ve owned in the past. I’ve got the Deagoatini Mustang but I repaint3d it to match my real one.

i have a lot of subaru rally and road cars made by autoart. mostly 1/18 size.;)
also greenlight john wick cars.

Last edited:
Hobby Master does wonderful diecast mil planes.
And Greenlight do make awesome TV/Film cars. I got the 1/43 Vanishing Point Challenger and the Starsky and Hutch Torino.

A few months ago I made the mistake of looking into 1/50 construction trucks and transport rigs...now I'm hooked.

If you're into 1/43 scaled cars (especially older American models), Minichamps and Goldvarg make nice ones.

If you ever consider resin cars, look up Automodello, Kess, Matrix, Spark and Neo. Ebay is a good place to browse. Hyper-accurate.

Hobby Master does wonderful diecast mil planes.
And Greenlight do make awesome TV/Film cars. I got the 1/43 Vanishing Point Challenger and the Starsky and Hutch Torino.

A few months ago I made the mistake of looking into 1/50 construction trucks and transport rigs...now I'm hooked.

If you're into 1/43 scaled cars (especially older American models), Minichamps and Goldvarg make nice ones.

If you ever consider resin cars, look up Automodello, Kess, Matrix, Spark and Neo. Ebay is a good place to browse. Hyper-accurate.

I ordered 3 Hobby Master models - F14 , F15 and and F-18

I like the Greenlight cars but are they comparable in size to the Jada brand, I bought an M@ and it was noticeably smaller

I ordered 3 Hobby Master models - F14 , F15 and and F-18

I like the Greenlight cars but are they comparable in size to the Jada brand, I bought an M@ and it was noticeably smaller
The only Greenlights I have are 1/43, so I don't know how the 1/24 Greenlights compare with the 1/24 Jadas.

I have about 300 diecast cars, mostly Franklin Mint and Danby Mint.
Do you have the DM General Lee?

I like the better quality cars but not enough to collect them

I hate to sound ghetto but I'm happy with the quality of the Jada / Greenlight / M2 lines

Im in Canada and Eagle Moss wont deliver there. I wanted to get the magazine subscription for the Aston Martin DB 5 which came in pieces with the subscription. I have 2 General Lees, both with the Confederate flag flying on the roof. I guess now that will be a collectors item. I collected the cars just for photographic purposes only. Ive had fun over the years making those cars look real. For example....

DSC_2730EgoLRLit2.jpg

Im in Canada and Eagle Moss wont deliver there. I wanted to get the magazine subscription for the Aston Martin DB 5 which came in pieces with the subscription. I have 2 General Lees, both with the Confederate flag flying on the roof. I guess now that will be a collectors item. I collected the cars just for photographic purposes only. Ive had fun over the years making those cars look real. For example....

That looks amazing, thanks for sharing

I like some of the Jada models. Greenlight, if Im not mistaken made a Moonshiner diorama I have. For 1:18 scale. Its got everything.

View attachment 1437123
Goddamn, that is gorgeous! I thought that was an authentic partially colorized photograph!

Goddamn, that is gorgeous! I thought that was an authentic partially colorized photograph!
Thanks, but its a 1:18 scale diecast car sitting on a board covered with baking soda which was butted up against my computer monitor showing the snowy city street. Sprinkle on some baking soda on the car, make a few tracks in the "snow" and thats it. Afterwards I added the headlights and street light in Photoshop. This works great for all scale models. Ive done Mandelorian, Star Trek and many others. Great way to kill time.

Working on the display shelf for the Hobby Master diecast planes

I came up with graphic for a section of Aircraft Carrier Flight Deck that's 1:72 scale

Here is a pic of the full 48" x 18" display graphic

Deck 01 Full Shelf Final Small.jpg

This is a 12" x 18" section I had printed as a test

Carrier Deck Test Print.jpg

It will be about 3" tall and I will scratch build the details for the left side which will be visible

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back