Any way to reshape resin?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

glim999

Sr Member
I bought a bag of resin bones from the local costume shop and a few of them are seriously warped. I was once told that if you boil cured resin it'll soften it up but I've never tried it. Is this true?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ob1al

Sr Member
Originally posted by glim999@Jan 19 2006, 06:20 PM
I bought a bag of resin bones from the local costume shop and a few of them  are seriously warped. I was once told that if you boil cured resin it'll soften it up but I've never tried it. Is this true?
[snapback]1162986[/snapback]​
I've heated fiberglass / resin up with a hairdryer before and managed to reshape it, so I think 'yes'. :)

Fetthunter

Sr Member
I've used a heat gun (paint stripping kind) to get resin hot and bend it. I wouldn't boil it. Me no likely the boiling water. :confused

:lol

Good luck.

micdavis

Master Member
Resin yes. The older it gets the more brittle it gets but it can be heated and bent, fairly indefintely.

Fiberglass after about a year will be very difficult (if not impossible) to reform.

RedTwoX

Sr Member
I've had good results with both a heat gun and boiling water. Just pay attention to where your fingers are ;)