Any source for Studio Scale TIE Pilots?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Krachenvogel

I think swmodeler was working with someone who was sculpting a 1/24 TIE pilot, to be cast and sold in the future. On my TIE, I converted the driver figure from one of the old Monogram 1/24 sprint car kits. The original figure wore a jumpsuit and gloves, and was posed in a suitable upright driving posture. I sculpted a new helmet and the chest armor with epoxy putty.

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
Originally posted by yodakiller1138@Feb 18 2006, 06:10 PM
The actual  figure in the original model is a pilot figure from the Airfix  Harrier model.
[snapback]1187938[/snapback]​
That is what I had heard as well.
Here is a Airfix Harrier pilot that I used to replace my SS BSG Viper pilot.
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Pilots1.jpg[/image]
Lynn

spclfxguy

I used a toy figure, cut/re-positioned the joints into sitting position. Made a mold & casting. Came out pretty well, I think!!