Any one read Ready Player One?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davard74

The book came out in August. It takes place in 2044. I don't want to say too much, but if your a fan of D&D, Zork, Star Wars, MMO's, and basically most things from the 1980's you should read this.

I started about 11am last Thursday, and was done by about 6. It was the best book I have read in a long time. The guy who wrote it did the screen play for the Fan Boys movie.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ewige

I'm currently reading this, and it's a nice bit of brain candy, although I did have to suspend my disbelief a little: crowdsourcing a puzzle like this? No way it'd take as long as it did in the book. :)

eaviii

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a followup on this, I have very little time to read and have grown accustomed to audio books on my drive to and from work. This is by far the most fun I have experienced in a book since Hitchiker's Guide. If you are an adolescent of 80s pop culture, take the time for this one. I have been unable to put it down so to speak.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.