Any Info on the Troll props from Ernest scared stupid?

thedarkone

Ive searched up and down the internet looking for the whereabouts or the maker of the Troll masks and suits used in Ernest scared Stupid. I did find one picture of all the troll heads lined up, i think it must have been a production pic, but thats it. Anyone here have any leads to where these might be today?

Andy

I worked on that show for the Chiodo Bros. back in 1990 or 91. It was, in fact, a big mix and match session, for the most part. Killer Klowns from outer Space heads with appliances added on. I think there were a few 'original' heads though... and arms/hands, like for the lead, "Tranitor" or whatever his name was. Bart Mixon was the supervisor/coordinator, I remember Andy Clement as one of the sculptors, and lots of other 'local' artists of the day there too. I was a moldmaker, fabricator and finisher. We also did Land of the Lost (the 'new' TV series) and Critters 3 and 4 there, at about the same time...

I have a few assorted pics from the show, including one big group shot of most of the trolls together. I'll see if I can dig them up. I'd assume that the Chiodos still have alot of the troll parts, though maybe cannibalized by now?

Last edited:
Looks like the only one I can find (an 8 x 10 in my portfolio) is one very similar to the one in the link above, only without Bart.

This was my favorite Ernest movie. I try to watch it every Halloween.

I recently obtained some early concept art of Trantor from Elemental Auctions. See the attachment for a hand drawn sketch from Steve Johnson's archives.

Good luck on your search!

I know it's been a while since this thread's creation, but I just thought people should know which Klowns were used for Ernest Scared Stupid. I have come to believe that THREE Klown masks were used in the end, maybe four. As you can see from this comparison I made, Slim is the most obvious Klown, due to his ears, mouth, and head shape. The other two might be different, however. I have concluded that the Klown next to Slim is Mojo, who drove the parade float, due to the masks' similar eyebrow positions. The one one the right side of the middle row is more difficult to figure out with it either being Chubby or Fatso. It bears similarities to the Chubby mask that the Chiodo brothers currently have, so I believe it is a Fatso mask, probably cast from the same mold. There is also a fourth mask, second from the left in the back row, that has similarities to Klowns, but doesn't look like any other Klown I have seen. For now, I think its a sculpt made for the movie, but I'd appreciate it if anyone figures out which Klown it is!

Untitled drawing-3.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back