Any idea how to make a Robin costume ? (need help)

we need a little more info i think :)

first, i think its great, that youre doing this.

b) do you want a classic fabric robin, batman and robin, arkham city robin, or anything generic?

3) what is your budget, and what materials do you intend to use in general

I want to make a arkham city robin i intend to make it in any budget but i have no idea how to make or the materials i need. i have made iron man i knew i will use pep and bondo but i have no idea how to make a robin costume i know how to make a liquid latex mask ! and i have reference pics to use but i still don't know will i use cardboard or foam i don't have any idea :D that's why i'm asking for help xD

well, you have your work cut out for you :)

ok i will try and help even tho that kind of costume is not really my kind of town, but i think i can help you nontheless on some parts.

Cape: you will need to sew that. it has a hoodie, and a cape part, and is joined in the front by some kind of round knob. you probably will need a sewing machine and some skills for that :D

pants: look like regular, baggie pants without bags to me. you could get baggy pants with those side bags, and take the bags off.

boots: for the shin part i recommend foam. look up shades desert storm pepakura, it is something in that direction
basicly youre gonna need normal boots, and do the boot covers in foam.

forearms, gloves: also foam appliance, build the forearm guards seperately, and the gloves seperately. i would use leather gloves as a base.

for the belt, you could use one of those army belts, with holes in it
Army_Belt.jpg

and either buy the pouches to fit in the belt, or make them yourself, either by sewing or modeling (depending on how functional you want them)
if youre not totally out for accuracy, i would just buy the regular pouches for those army belts, and maybe modify them slightly

the beltbuckle, you will probably have to sculpt, and mold/cast and attach to your belt

for the mask, i would rather use silicone, as its more durable, and longlasting, if you can afford it

the tricky part will be on the shirt.
i would contact batpirisss on this one, they made the arkham city batman costume, and its full of win
http://www.therpf.com/f24/arkham-asylum-costume-update-10-31-a-125171/

they will probably be able to help you more in that case

i think thats all, unless you also need help on the broomstick
ok, here it is: buy a broomstick :D and wrap the center part with a leather strip to get the texture

hth
EoS

There's a great Robin costume thread going on right now! Check it out, there's some great ideas that can be taken from it.

IronBoy,

I am starting one of these. I suggest you read up on the foam suits that are being made here and familiarize yourself with the techniques. EVA would be a great and easy way to do this.

IronBoy,

I am starting one of these. I suggest you read up on the foam suits that are being made here and familiarize yourself with the techniques. EVA would be a great and easy way to do this.

i wanted to use foam but i tried it once when i was making an iron man costume i didn't get how i would use it and i failed :(

well, you have your work cut out for you :)

ok i will try and help even tho that kind of costume is not really my kind of town, but i think i can help you nontheless on some parts.

Cape: you will need to sew that. it has a hoodie, and a cape part, and is joined in the front by some kind of round knob. you probably will need a sewing machine and some skills for that :D

pants: look like regular, baggie pants without bags to me. you could get baggy pants with those side bags, and take the bags off.

boots: for the shin part i recommend foam. look up shades desert storm pepakura, it is something in that direction
basicly youre gonna need normal boots, and do the boot covers in foam.

forearms, gloves: also foam appliance, build the forearm guards seperately, and the gloves seperately. i would use leather gloves as a base.

for the belt, you could use one of those army belts, with holes in it
Army_Belt.jpg

and either buy the pouches to fit in the belt, or make them yourself, either by sewing or modeling (depending on how functional you want them)
if youre not totally out for accuracy, i would just buy the regular pouches for those army belts, and maybe modify them slightly

the beltbuckle, you will probably have to sculpt, and mold/cast and attach to your belt

for the mask, i would rather use silicone, as its more durable, and longlasting, if you can afford it

the tricky part will be on the shirt.
i would contact batpirisss on this one, they made the arkham city batman costume, and its full of win
http://www.therpf.com/f24/arkham-asylum-costume-update-10-31-a-125171/

they will probably be able to help you more in that case

i think thats all, unless you also need help on the broomstick
ok, here it is: buy a broomstick :D and wrap the center part with a leather strip to get the texture

hth
EoS

thanks and by the way i like your war machine build it helped me a lot when i was making mine thanks :) i'm a great fan of your work ;) :D

I need some info to make Red Robin's costume. Can you help me, please?

from what i doing and searching about now and what people said to me i am trying to make a robin arkham cite costume first do you know how to make a liquid latex mask or do you want help with that the torso is quite a bit tricky i'm still thinking how to make it and make it easy to move in :)

from what i doing and searching about now and what people said to me i am trying to make a robin arkham cite costume first do you know how to make a liquid latex mask or do you want help with that the torso is quite a bit tricky i'm still thinking how to make it and make it easy to move in :)

Ops...:) Sorry!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back