Any chance of a new Millennium Falcon model kit?

Axlotl

Master Member
With the new film coming out soon, does anybody know if any model companies have plans for releasing a new ACCURATE tooling of the Millennium Falcon that poor schmucks like me can actually afford?
I like the scale of the AMC/Ertl, but I hate that kit. And I've never been able to afford a Fine Molds, much less the DeAgostini :(.

Well, Revell has the FM molds now and are releasing those. If the pics I saw on Sir Steeve's guide from Celebration are any indication...something seems to have been lost in translation though.

I really hope Bandai will be releasing a 1/72 Falcon,....I know I sound like a scratched record,.....but going by the footage & released images of TFA Falcon so far,....they are using the 5 foot Falcon to base the Digital render of the ship on,......the fabulous models that Bandai have brought out so far,....can you imagine how accurate & beautiful a model using this digital information would be?

......I check the Bandai site about 10 times a day,.....even more the past couple of days

J

I really hope Bandai will be releasing a 1/72 Falcon,....I know I sound like a scratched record,.....but going by the footage & released images of TFA Falcon so far,....they are using the 5 foot Falcon to base the Digital render of the ship on,......the fabulous models that Bandai have brought out so far,....can you imagine how accurate & beautiful a model using this digital information would be?

......I check the Bandai site about 10 times a day,.....even more the past couple of days

J

From over in one of the other threads about Celebration, it sounds like they've used both the FM interpretation of the 32 inch, which is itself an ILM interpretation of the 5 footer, to do at least some of the Falcon shots in TFA, AND some digital scanning of the 5 footer herself for the new film. That being the case, weève got a blend between the three models, and I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a digital asset going around, which is the source of the 2014 Hasbro HS Falcon, which will also show up from licensee to licensee.

From over in one of the other threads about Celebration, it sounds like they've used both the FM interpretation of the 32 inch, which is itself an ILM interpretation of the 5 footer, to do at least some of the Falcon shots in TFA, AND some digital scanning of the 5 footer herself for the new film. That being the case, weève got a blend between the three models, and I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a digital asset going around, which is the source of the 2014 Hasbro HS Falcon, which will also show up from licensee to licensee.

I could be totally wrong here,...but I think....and Vos said it,....that the FM Falcon was used in some pre-visuals by the art department,....& I don't think it would have made it into the film,.....we've seen up close a very articulated motion of the Falcon in the first teaser,.....which has the shape & details of the 5 footer,.....weve got a lovely magazine shot of the Falcon (with Bob Iger) which disappears into digital wireframe,.....explaining how the've made a photo realistic Falcon in CG,......its the 5 footer

I can't see how an inaccurate attempt of the 32" model (FM) could make it into the film

The Hasbro Falcon......If you were to manufacture a toy,....and were wanting it to just look brilliant,....using whatever reference pics you could find,.....what would be easier for manufacturing,.....the 32".....its closer to the final size of toy

The 5 foot elements that Hasbro used here and there also just happen to be simpler to pull out of a mould than if they had stayed 100% true to the 32"

So its all about manufacturing

J

ran across this:

11084889_914079991989986_2029553324_n.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back