Any Babylon 5 or Robocop fans here?

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Friend of mine came across a couple of pieces, but isn't really sure what she has - and unless it's Aliens, I don't know either - I believe the helmet is from Robocop 2:

robocop2helmet.jpg

And this "PPG"(?) gun from Babylon 5:

ppg2small.jpg

Yes and yes.

Although the helmet could be any of the Robo Movies or even the TV show. Or all of the above.

PPG = Phased Plasma Gun

who did you get the PPG from? care to tell a bit about its origin.
Many of the original PPGs did not have the insignia on side painted in gold.
Is it labeled on the handle or underneath? if so what does it say

I don't own these, so I'm not sure what the PPG says. It comes from the on-set prop fabricator who worked on the show from Season 2 onward. His wife is looking to sell, so I'll try and get more info when I can. Here's what she told me:

"This was a gift to me at the end of the series from my husband. There were approx. 5 hero PPGs made from aluminum, and between 5-6 resin versions. They were kept in the prop cage and handed out for use to whatever actor needed it for whatever scene was being shot. If a resin version broke, he was instructed to destroy the damaged PPG and build a new one. Therefore, this is one of the few surviving screen-used PPGs)."

More than five or six resin ones were made. Even five or 6 per season I would find hard to believe.
The hero number of 5 might be total over the years. In some scenes you can clearly see one hero ppg upclose and two guards with resin ones with plugged barrels behind so I don't believe they made that many hero ones. I would be interested to hear which seasons used the gold detailing on side and which did not for most resin ones.

Send me more information if you can get it I am curious. I have a few babylon 5 items including season 5 ppg of resin, rubber stunt ppg, resin ppg rifle, pilot episode ppg, ppg holster with resin energy cap, and metal energy cap from crusade.

More than five or six resin ones were made. Even five or 6 per season I would find hard to believe.
The hero number of 5 might be total over the years. In some scenes you can clearly see one hero ppg upclose and two guards with resin ones with plugged barrels behind so I don't believe they made that many hero ones. I would be interested to hear which seasons used the gold detailing on side and which did not for most resin ones.

Send me more information if you can get it I am curious. I have a few babylon 5 items including season 5 ppg of resin, rubber stunt ppg, resin ppg rifle, pilot episode ppg, ppg holster with resin energy cap, and metal energy cap from crusade.

Do you have any pictures of your props? I would love to see them.

How about this one?
This is a picture of my screen used, original Hero PPG. It was used for all 5 seasons, but featured in the first episode of season 5. When a assassin came on board the station to kill Sheridan, he needed a PPG that would break down so he could smuggle it into the reception. This is that prop.

Terry

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back