Any advance intel on the PL Razorcrest?

Keiko

Sr Member
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any advance intel on the upcoming PL 1:72 Razorcrest. I'd like to add this ship to my collection, wondering how it would compare to the Revell one. Has such a comparison been done yet? Does anyone know of any previews of the new kit?

Thanks all,

K.

Unfortunately, not much info still.

They had some prerelease versions at Celebration:

If you are interested in the full interior, Revell is the way to go, as Round2 only has the cockpit detail.

Thanks edge10...given the loading ramps and so on, it seems to be begging for a full interior as far as I'm concerned.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any advance intel on the upcoming PL 1:72 Razorcrest. I'd like to add this ship to my collection, wondering how it would compare to the Revell one. Has such a comparison been done yet? Does anyone know of any previews of the new kit?

Thanks all,

K.
i know revell star wars kits are very bad...inaccurat as hell wishi washi details and greebies...simply bad !
but the razor crest is something completely different...i couldn't believe it was supposed to be a revell kit....it's been lying around here unbuilt for months because i've been building other things but i have the kit checked very carefully when it got here. and it makes a top notch first impression and i don't think round 2 can do it any better. crispy details all over the place...you can't go wrong with that
265384641_4707202466038339_3660281588807032638_n.jpg

Thanks vomvom12. I'm pretty convinced, it's going to be Revell. Endorsements like yours and the fact of its interior detailing make it a pretty easy choice.

Greenstrawberries is going to release a huge aftermarket set for the Revell Razor Crest, including a complete interior rework:

My guess is, that they'll gonna release something similar for the R2 Razor Crest too, at some point.

About the same price on da bay.

Of course, if you can afford the Green Strawberry upgrades, price doesn't matter to you. ;)

The Revell RC is on Amazon right now for $68. Cheapest I've seen in a while.

SB

Yeah I panic bought one a couple of weeks ago for $66 with free shipping

I had been watching them for a while when they were hovering around $80 to $90 or even more in some cases as there was an additional shipping charge. I figured that was pretty much equivalent to MSRP plus shipping from Europe if I bought from a UK retailer directly so I pulled the trigger

I had been waiting for a Round 2 one, but I figured I needed a fall back plan before the Revell ones started getting too pricey again

If/when R2 releases theirs I will probably build that one in flight mode and the Revell one in a landed dio, or just sell off the Revell one for what I paid for it.

While the Revell one does have an interior, it is not exactly overly detailed and will likely need some aftermarket parts anyway, or additional scratch built detailing

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back