Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Agreed. It would actually be easier if the FISD website didn't require registration (even if free for all) to see threads. Newbs click a link, and get rejected, and don't go any further.

You can view the assembling threads without the need to register or login: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/4-assembly-mods-and-painting/ Registering is necessary only for the Classifieds section, Off topic section and a couple others. The build sections are free to see.

I had to stop following that group months ago because it was painfully obvious many of the members had absolutely no clue as to what they were getting into. And I agree, Facebook is a horrible medium for this type of thing.

Got my soft parts in the UK, today.
Glad I went for the XXL option, but even so they are very tight, especially the top.
XXL gloves, however, are seriously big and would probably only be good for someone with Hulk hands. Will need to get hold of a smaller pair.

I'm getting more and more confident in my my decision to just get the Tier 1 completed ensemble. I never put anything together before and this thread is making it seem like the wrong time to start. Now if they'd just let us know when the ensemble is going to ship...

I'm right there with ya!! Also waiting on shipping dates for my completed ensemble...Was worried that I had missed an email announcement.

Maybe I missed it because this thread is so long, but what is the general consensus of people whom have received their Anovos armor? Assuming that it is constructed correctly, has the 501st approved any of these for legion use?

I believe a few people from the facebook group have been approved. I'm not sure if they made centurion or not though

You'd have to put a lot of work in to make Centurion with one of these ANOVOS kits. They just weren't designed for that level of sophistication/accuracy and that's not really the demographic they're trying to target anyway.

You'd have to put a lot of work in to make Centurion with one of these ANOVOS kits. They just weren't designed for that level of sophistication/accuracy and that's not really the demographic they're trying to target anyway.
Wrong. Even veteran builders say that this kit should have no problem getting EIB or even Cent. It's just a matter of planning the build right (like with any other kit) and making a few upgrades (Belt and the strapping system)
There's nothing in the plastic parts that requires heavy modding to make it acceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wrong. Even veteran builders say that this kit should have no problem getting EIB or even Cent. It's just a matter of planning the build right (like with any other kit) and making a few upgrades (Belt and the strapping system)
There's nothing in the plastic parts that requires heavy modding to make it acceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Interesting. I've heard different over on White Armor but I suppose everyone's mileage varies. :cheers

Interesting. I've heard different over on White Armor but I suppose everyone's mileage varies. :cheers

Which threads on White Armor? From everything I've been reading, including the build thread by one of the two who do the Centurion approvals that not a lot needs to be done for the kit to be acceptable at Centurion level.

And who came up with 'Centruion' TK? Makes me think of Cylons.

I think it was this guy

king-of-the-nerds-2015-episode-2-season-3-recap.jpg

Got my soft parts in the UK, today.
Glad I went for the XXL option, but even so they are very tight, especially the top.
XXL gloves, however, are seriously big and would probably only be good for someone with Hulk hands. Will need to get hold of a smaller pair.

Hey Yorkie, did you get any notification of the soft goods being sent before they arrived? Did they come via Fedex? Lastly any extra charges incurred for import tax/duty etc?

Mine should be with me soon I hope.....

Thanks

Hey Yorkie, did you get any notification of the soft goods being sent before they arrived? Did they come via Fedex? Lastly any extra charges incurred for import tax/duty etc?

Mine should be with me soon I hope.....

Thanks

Yeah, got an email notification from Anovos on the 18th and they arrived on the 24th.
They were sent via USPS, which becomes Royal Mail once it hits UK shores.
No charges (usually RM makes you pay before they will hand over packages), so I'm assuming we won't be getting stung for any more Customs duty.
Nice quality, but very tight. Went for XXL and they just about fit.

Yeah, got an email notification from Anovos on the 18th and they arrived on the 24th.
They were sent via USPS, which becomes Royal Mail once it hits UK shores.
No charges (usually RM makes you pay before they will hand over packages), so I'm assuming we won't be getting stung for any more Customs duty.
Nice quality, but very tight. Went for XXL and they just about fit.

Thanks Yorkie...I'll be crossing my fingers for a delivery without any more incurred charges.

Which threads on White Armor? From everything I've been reading, including the build thread by one of the two who do the Centurion approvals that not a lot needs to be done for the kit to be acceptable at Centurion level.

Depends on what you consider to be "a lot", I guess. Ukswrath's thread is full of minor tweaks that he is personally making, but if you read closely, you'll not the vast majority are noted as NOT required for Centurion or any other level.

For Centurion, minor changes are needed to the belt. Minor changes are needed to the helmet. I can give details if you want. None of the changes are structural and should be well within the skill set of anyone capable of putting together the armor.

The first Anovos-based EIB application was approved a few days ago. (Check the EIB application forum) There were not a whole lot of changes recommended as far as advice for when they go Centurion. Mostly the same sorts of small tweaks that nearly everyone gets, regardless of make.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely incorrect. The first Anovos EIB was approved this past week, and they'll likely go on to Centurion after a few small tweaks, and they're expected to pass.

Depends on what you consider to be "a lot", I guess. Ukswrath's thread is full of minor tweaks that he is personally making, but if you read closely, you'll not the vast majority are noted as NOT required for Centurion or any other level.

For Centurion, minor changes are needed to the belt. Minor changes are needed to the helmet. I can give details if you want. None of the changes are structural and should be well within the skill set of anyone capable of putting together the armor.

The first Anovos-based EIB application was approved a few days ago. (Check the EIB application forum) There were not a whole lot of changes recommended as far as advice for when they go Centurion. Mostly the same sorts of small tweaks that nearly everyone gets, regardless of make.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely incorrect. The first Anovos EIB was approved this past week, and they'll likely go on to Centurion after a few small tweaks, and they're expected to pass.

Yes, I have my own build thread and I'm following multiple others over there including yours and ukswrath's. I haven't seen anything that I would consider major modifications as being necessary. I was curious as to what the other poster was seeing that led him to believe that the consensus at White Armor was that major changes were needed.

Is your build thread at FISD? I'm following as many as I can so that if someone glosses over something, maybe someone else has covered it. Still too scared to start fitting so far!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back