ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Is it possible to buy costumes piecemeal? For example, if I only wanted to buy a Bespin jacket and not the pants, is that possible?

I'm from Italy dude!

Regards,

Alberto

As it clearly states you're from Italy below your Avatar I'm a little uncertain as to the point you're making by quoting me with this comment.
Are you suggesting you placed an order despite the fact it states the preorder window was only available to North America?

Is it possible to buy costumes piecemeal? For example, if I only wanted to buy a Bespin jacket and not the pants, is that possible?

I'd write Anovos and ask but from the initial listing is the pants and jacket are one set and the pistol belt is the second set later this summer.

The first tier is already at 33% and the discounted price is really good.

Yeah, unfortunately international customers always come second with some companies...

I don't think it is so much that you come second with the licensee (ANOVOS) as it is that the licencor (Disney/Lucasfilm) is exercising caution. Keep in mind that ANOVOS is a NEW licensee for Disney/Lucasfilm. In many cases, the licencor is only willing to give a new licensee a license within their own country until they have proved themselves and then the licensee can come back and negotiate to get a worldwide license (which is more expensive and more complicated). We have seen that over and over again. So, if you want to point fingers, make sure you are pointing them in the right direction and not mistakenly blaming ANOVOS for something that 1) is likely out of their hands and 2) is something they are probably actively working towards.

Anovos is not the only company doing this with international customers, other companies doing such things were Sideshow, eFX and even Gentle Giant. Since Anovos never mentioned any of the things you said above, we didn't know that. But I guess we'll see how this goes on.

It is sad that international customers miss out but I can understand if it is the case... plus I currently fall under the International catagory.
Anovos needs to protect the development cost of the costume and if someone in Copy-a-stan gets a teir one release and pulls pattern to makes copies then Anovos losses money on later full price sales.

Just look how many Captain America shields hit the market at the same time EFX finally releases theirs...and those aren't even direct copies.

I am sure that Anovos will expand the market like they did with BSG stuff.

Anovos is not the only company doing this with international customers, other companies doing such things were Sideshow, eFX and even Gentle Giant. Since Anovos never mentioned any of the things you said above, we didn't know that. But I guess we'll see how this goes on.

While I can't speak for them (hoping @Got Maul will step in with an official word), again, I don't think you will find that ANOVOS is "doing this" or that they don't want international money. In fact, all you have to do is look at some of their other licenses to see that they welcome international business. My guess is, the minute Disney opens up the international license to them, they will leap on it.

Yeah, unfortunately international customers always come second with some companies...

Admittedly it can feel like that at times.
However, I believe Anovos are working towards offering their wares to international customers in the future. That being said, this really should have been made clear from the outset.

As it clearly states you're from Italy below your Avatar I'm a little uncertain as to the point you're making by quoting me with this comment.
Are you suggesting you placed an order despite the fact it states the preorder window was only available to North America?

They sent me the hidden link and the shipment to Italy was contemplated in the process, looks like they accepted the order, the card was charged, they gave me confirmation!

For the moment nobody showed out saying they were wrong, the nation where I came from was in the drop box.

Usually when internationals are not allowed at least a warning comes out without You being able to finish the buying procedure!

Maybe they're wrong, and they'll cancel my order. I still hope not so! :D Finger crossed!!:lol

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited:
They sent me the hidden link and the shipment to Italy was contemplated in the process, looks like they accepted the order, the card was charged, they gave me confirmation! Maybe they're wrong, and they'll cancel my order. I still hope not so! :D

Regards,

Alberto

That's interesting to hear.
I hope the force is with you and the order is fulfilled.

While I can't speak for them (hoping @Got Maul will step in with an official word), again, I don't think you will find that ANOVOS is "doing this" or that they don't want international money. In fact, all you have to do is look at some of their other licenses to see that they welcome international business. My guess is, the minute Disney opens up the international license to them, they will leap on it.

I really hope that. There are some of their future offers I am quite interested in, especially their Imperial hardware.

Well,

Residing outside North America myself, I could place my order perfectly well and got a confirmation. Even the int'l shipping costs had been calculated properly.

But today I got this message via eMail:

(Quote) "Dear Falk,
In reviewing your order, we wanted to notify you that licensing restrictions prohibit us from shipping items from our STAR WARS™ catalog outside of the North America territory at this time. Unless you have a North American address (US or Canada) to ship to, we will be unable to fulfill that part of this order. If this is the case, we will cancel and issue a full refund for this order.
We are working to acquire the international license for STAR WARS™ costuming (and more!), and hope to be able to bring you and fellow fans outside of North America these awesome items at a later date.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns!
Regards,
Joe B.
ANOVOS Customer Support" (/Quote)

Hope this makes it clear.

Now - who on N/A soil wants to forward my order to me - I will pay for all expenses of course!
LOL

The Bespin price is VERY reasonable, glad to see ANOVOS can keep the price down on their first SW product and looking forward to seeing their upcoming products.

Last edited:
Well,

Residing outside North America myself, I could place my order perfectly well and got a confirmation. Even the int'l shipping costs had been calculated properly.

(Quote) "Dear Falk,
In reviewing your order, we wanted to notify you that licensing restrictions prohibit us from shipping items from our STAR WARS™ catalog outside of the North America territory at this time. Unless you have a North American address (US or Canada) to ship to, we will be unable to fulfill that part of this order. If this is the case, we will cancel and issue a full refund for this order.
We are working to acquire the international license for STAR WARS™ costuming (and more!), and hope to be able to bring you and fellow fans outside of North America these awesome items at a later date.
Regards,
Joe B.

Now that is what I would have liked to know. Seems indeed they respect the international customers and trying to get a world wide license. Together with other international fans I've been burned too many times before by some collectibles companies, and I'm sure I'll be burned again. Glad to hear Anovos will not be ones of these, especially since their products look great. :)

Well,

(Quote) "Dear Falk,
Regards,
Joe B.

Now - who on N/A soil wants to forward my order to me - I will pay for all expenses of course!
LOL

Gosh!!! Just got mine.... same mail! :cry:facepalm
Fortunately I have friends in the US so replied with someone to get mine!!:D

I'll let You know if that works! Finger crossed and this time knock on wood too!!:angel

Regards,

Alberto

P.S. edited: Just asking myself why letting the whole international shipping go through..... AAAHH glitches these days happen, take a look at the EFX FB page where they had glitches for the CAP shield preorder they say!:behave

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for your enthusiasm on our first release ! It is so greatly appreciated, beyond words.

For our International customers, know that we've already been in talks so that time is coming very soon. But, its not just about license...What is most important for us, is reducing the total cost to you because frankly, its unfair to pass custom cost of crossing borders from manufacture site to us in America, then have to have you pay another trade cost going back over another border. Therefore, we've actually been working on an international fulfillment program that ships direct and reduces at least one of the border customs. This way, our friends in the UK and internationally will actually benefit from the SAME PRICE as the US customers for price equality. The only thing I ask from you is patience as not too many small companies have established systems like this for global trade (as most just push the increased custom cost of manufactured good to the customer aka Int'l price hike! ) so setting up the infrastructure for this is not the easiest thing to do, but we've made some major headway.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back