ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

They're not [alone having issues delivering], but at the same time the majority of other companies do deliver. Either on time or with slight delays.
Most offer simple, low-end/low price point items, sure. But others, like Hot Toys for example, have barely skipped a beat. Their products are different from 1:1 replicas or costumes, but they're still highly detailed, very intricate, high-end items. One can argue that they're based in Hong Kong which could make things easier, I won't argue against that. But still.... 54-month delay (and counting) for a pilot helmet.....that hurts my feelings.....
Especially since unlicensed vendors can produce them much faster or even handle the occasional commission inbetween

Especially since unlicensed vendors can produce them much faster or even handle the occasional commission inbetween
Yeah. Unlicensed is a different ballgame.
From a production standpoint, there's no corporate oversight, or anyone to please, except that specific consumer who commissions the work. But there are quality risks that could damage the brand, hence official licenses.

Unlicensed, like RS PRops for example, is basically:

- someone wants a helmet
- we know exactly what the helmet looks like (and we've made it thousands of times)
- make the helmet
- box the helmet
- ship the helmet

If you do it well each time, that sequence repeats itself.

Like AJTaliesen aptly mentioned earlier, this is a ballgame where nobody suddenly comes up with a new idea or needs to book meetings for something that should have already been met months ago. Do it, ship it, move on to the next one.

In the case of the Anovos/Disney relationship, in addition to Anovos being poorly run, I can also easily imagine some Disney exec newly in charge of QA at one of the merchandising branches who decides to stop the presses because that Death Trooper helmet "doesn't look quite right". For A LOT of execs in big bloated corps like D, this is the kind of move that's highly admired.

Johnson? What's going on with this Anovos thingy?! I hear they're not delivering!

We just created a new position to specifically look into it, sir. And that new hire saw that something didn't look quite right! So he stopped everything and is looking into it.

Good man, Johnson! Now, where's that PowerPoint I asked for?!

When all that competence comes together for something as big as Disney's Star Wars, you get threads like this one.

While I totally agree with you and fully expect Anovos has been subjected to a similar bureaucratic process, there is NO acceptable excuse for taking 4 years (and counting) to deliver the Kylo ensembles. And if there was an acceptable excuse, it should have been communicated.

My issue with this entire situation is a lack of comms. I’ve purchased preorders before (and still do) from other makers. The difference is, they are frequent, open, and honest about communicating updates.

At their start, I gave Anovos a lot of grace figuring they were finding their footing, dealing with processes and politics they were learning how to deal with.

After all this time, the only viable explanation is pure incompetence...

Sean
I think 4 is long gone at this point. My FO Trooper passed the 4 year mark last fall and still crickets. I gave up on that and used the store credit to go with things that were shipping and 'in stock' in September - and, as you can guess, still NOTHING.

Can’t wait until we get back to normal and start having conventions and cons so all of us can go visit the Anovos booth.

Then we can sport this t-shirt

aNOvos protest.jpg

Seriously, can we buy those shirts? Does anyone have a connection to this dude?

And yeah, I DARE Anovos to show up at a convention. There is no way to show yourself in public after all this if you possess even the slightest bit of self-awareness. Or the slightest capacity for shame.

BUT - on the shirt we have to change it to #FIVEyearsandwaiting.

Alot of solid remarks and all TRUE. Yes some folks are getting some items after a seriously long wait. Makes NO SENSE to sound the alarm that Ah-No-No have changed and things are getting better. When in fact many of us and people we know are still waiting years later for something they paid and have not gotten. I will change my tune once i hear and see folks on that list of forgotten customers start getting what they paid for.
I got an AH-No-No email email about the USS Enterprise filming scale model for $9000 as well as USS Discovery on their website.. I would love it, but i am not willing to pay $9000 for something that will not happen, run into issues or worst fall into the dark abyss of waiting for EVER. When that money can go else where. Anyways like i said SOLID POINTS Pepperbone!

I'd just like to leave this link here:

ANOVOS received $198,300 in forgivable federal payroll assistance.

And these 2 links:

Showing the surprisingly low amount of product they have actually imported from their overseas suppliers and manufacturers.

I'd just like to leave this link here:

ANOVOS received $198,300 in forgivable federal payroll assistance.

And these 2 links:

Showing the surprisingly low amount of product they have actually imported from their overseas suppliers and manufacturers.
I would have been shocked if they didn't take advantage of it.
Next: once they run out of funds: they'll fold. That's what a lot of businesses are doing right now.

Just a little trip down memory lane for everyone, from page 114 of this very thread:

F8159A9C-3F51-412E-958A-B4D55B85A680.jpeg

What a difference a few years makes, eh? I miss when we could get answers directly like this. I wonder what the new grounding post is, as it sure as heck isn’t here.

edit: noticing on my phone that the screen cap makes it almost look like a new post from Got Maul. Rest assured, he has not logged in since sometime in 2018, don’t be alarmed ;)

I would be upset if they use that money for anything other than fulfilling orders. Don't care shelter don't care food.

BUT - 202 shipments from China is probably not 202 items. Each shipment is likely multiple items - don't get me wrong: I would never defend these people. Just wanting to be accurate with our assessments.

That Simi address isn't far from here.

Last edited:
I would be upset if they use that money for anything other than fulfilling orders. Don't care shelter don't care food.

BUT - 202 shipments from China is probably not 202 items. Each shipment is likely multiple items - don't get me wrong: I would never defend these people. Just wanting to be accurate with our assessments.

That Simi address isn't far from here.

The Simi address has been confirmed to be just a UPS Store mailbox. Don’t waste your time.

Has anyone heard any peep of any kind at all? On any Star Wars topic? Any sign that anything is getting delivered to anyone?

Not that I expect it - just checking in.

Thanks, guys - I haven't heard/ seen anything anywhere either. Not sure how they can legally continue to run the Star Trek side of things and fully ignore the Star Wars side but I finally feel the official "we lose" message brewin' in the air.

Just my opinion/ intuition.

Will post here if I hear of anyone receiving anything at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back