ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I know they have a backlog of things announced that they have never and will probably never make and I was also aware, after a few years of waiting, they had cancelled the TNG things. I just wasn't happy about it at the time but now think it was a blessing in disguise.
Not putting it up for sale at all is better than putting it up for sale and not delivering for years.

Coming up on six months since Anovos sent me an email that said: “We have not forgotten about you and want you to know we are working on getting things organized on our end,” and “We know you are waiting for your refund and are sorry for the delay in processing. If you would prefer store credit, that is something we can address straight away. If not please know we are working towards your refund as quickly as business allows.”

I tried emailing back to ask about that offer of store credit, asking for store credit to put towards something MORE expensive than the original order I cancelled almost 550 days ago.

I am still waiting for a reply.

Yes, here is a funny part of a recent reply I received in regards to refunds.

Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we were temporarily shutdown and have since reduced and suspended some of our operations and cannot currently guarantee a specific fulfillment date for your refund. As soon as government orders allow us to resume normal operations, we will be able to begin processing your refund. I will of course see if I can get this resolved sooner, but can make no guarantees.

I'm sure covid-19 has caused issues for the refunds I requested....*checks notes* on Jan 3 2019.

Yep, I’m sure COVID will be the next excuse, whenever they decide to grace my inbox with another email full of vague nonsense.

Part of me can’t believe that people are continuing to buy things from them, knowing what we all know now. But part of me knows that most won’t care until it happens to them.

When it does, good luck. I’m afraid I’ve used up just about all of my empathy on people who spent a lot more than I did, a lot longer ago than I did, and are still waiting.

Yes, here is a funny part of a recent reply I received in regards to refunds.

I'm sure covid-19 has caused issues for the refunds I requested....*checks notes* on Jan 3 2019.
Wait they halted refunds... id love to send this quote to Charlie since he's said he's working on my refund...

Not that i believed that... he never said that...

Well here's something weird. A couple days ago they cancelled an order I placed four years ago for the tie pilot torso armor, and issued a refund, which showed up in my bank today - and I didn't initiate it.

Quite weird indeed (and maddening). Been waiting months on end for my refund to be "pushed through", yet you had one automatically deposited?!

Well here's something weird. A couple days ago they cancelled an order I placed four years ago for the tie pilot torso armor, and issued a refund, which showed up in my bank today - and I didn't initiate it.

Wait - so because you expected this product to eventually arrive I assume you have done nothing in the interim to make/ acquire the rest of your TIE Pilot outfit, right?! So maybe you have a head and a jumpsuit which are now useless without the rest?!

Stupid ******* idiot me spent money on a lightsaber, stupid saber hilt, stupid leather boots, and stupid voice changer for Kylo and that is hundreds of dollars thrown away if they unilaterally cancel delivery.

Hopefully you are not as foolish as I am - I was encouraged by folk here who literally said, "they'll deliver eventually" and "they'll come around" and "they have a learning curve."

Quite weird indeed (and maddening). Been waiting months on end for my refund to be "pushed through", yet you had one automatically deposited?!

That totally sucks. But maybe they are going "in order" - meaning that if he gets a refund now, you will get one in 3 1/2 years.

These people need to deliver on everything (product or cash, customer's choice) and then remove themselves both professionally and socially from the rest of us.

At least they finally made a decision to cancel the product and refund your money instead of continuing to keep the money for years more. Maybe they will make the same decision for more products.

The learning curve I mentioned was just in regards to the new Texas facility, not all of the overseas manufacturing. The overseas manufacturing has been going on for a long time. There are other issues with those products.

With a few exceptions, anyone waiting for an Anovos product to complete a costume probably should look for alternatives. I ordered a Premier Trooper Neck Seal on June 21st, 2020. It arrived on June 25th, 2020.

I also received my ATAT helmet, 2-1/2 years. I really didn't think I would ever see this, now I am done.
2020-06-24 09.00.22.jpg

2020-06-24 08.59.13.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-06-24 09.00.22.jpg
    2020-06-24 09.00.22.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
I just got a shipping invoice for the Picard Darmok jacket. Was kinda expecting it to slip again with China having been shut down for so many weeks, but I guess not.
Got mine today, too. John is so relieved these are finally moving. He has many NDAs keeping him from going into specifics, but yes -- the stuff going on with the Star Wars products is impacting the ability of the whole company to function.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back