ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Based on what I heard, it seems like these are legitimately on their way, as stated.

Pff! What have you heard?
I was told that they're getting their act together and that some of the delayed merch was on its way.

What merch, specifically?
Don't know, didn't say.

Who told you this?
Someone I personally know who works with D/LFL.

So D/LFL are aware of this mess?
Very much so.

Do you trust this person?
Yes.

Do you think this person was lying to you?
Not at all.

Do you think this person was duped into believing this?
Anything's possible. But if this person was duped, then D/LFL were duped. And at this stage of the relationship, that is unlikely.

What about the lawsuit?
Don't know, didn't ask.

Are you a shill secretly working for "them", trying to dupe us?
Nope.

Would you like to buy a bridge?
How long is it?

-----

This is what I was told, from someone in-the-know, and I thought I'd share it here. Nothing more. I'm simply a messenger relaying information I was given. Like everything else: take it or leave it.

Heh, I also received the email JetSetWilly posted.

Interesting that they’ll respond to “personalized assistance” requests for ordering one of the items in that email.

...especially considering it’s exactly the same address I’ve been emailing about my refund, initiated about 8 months ago, with no response in almost 3 months.

What gives, Anovos?

I received the same email; the "no pre-orders rule" is still in effect for me.

I don't have the armor I ordered, even if the FOTK helmet ETA is legit, I can wait - until I have armor in hand - before ordering anything else from Anovos.

My TLJ FOTK helmet shipped today, and apparently are listed as in stock at BBTS. More than $100 less that the Anovos site
Thanks, can you let us know if its lined when you receive it? Already have the earlier version, but curious what has changed beyond the liner. The discount and shipping notice, makes this appealing.

Last edited:
Just saw this on facebook.
69105802_10215669982529202_2774616480296206336_n.jpg

Nice they are actually communicating and a good sign.

But, are they saying they are on the way to the port in China or on the ship and heading to the USA port because that could add weeks depending on the way it's worded.
It sure sounds like their warehouse will not have them until the end of the year and if they are in containers already it doesn't take months for the ship to get from China to the USA.
Also troubling they are already extending the wording into next year for delivery.

Shipping by container from China to the US or Europe usually takes 3-4 weeks, then add another 2-3 for customes inspection and processing.

Just saw this on facebook.
View attachment 1053541

Nice they are actually communicating and a good sign.

But, are they saying they are on the way to the port in China or on the ship and heading to the USA port because that could add weeks depending on the way it's worded.
It sure sounds like their warehouse will not have them until the end of the year and if they are in containers already it doesn't take months for the ship to get from China to the USA.
Also troubling they are already extending the wording into next year for delivery.

As of last night, i hadn't gotten one of those and next month (i.e. next week) i believe is the 3 year mark. Didn't see the full kits on their list either, but maybe i missed it. I'll believe it when i see the box on my porch, though.

What are your impressions of this helmet? It looks quite good in the photos.

Is there any reason you would want the fiberglass version?

There are some very, very slight surface defects that are presumably due to the injection process (very slight indentations) but other than that I am very pleased with it. I like the TLJ look much more than the TFA and this satisfies my want for a helmet. The lining makes it feel much more finished if that makes sense, whereas the unlined TFA feels like something’s missing. When you put the TFA on you can almost “hear” the fact it’s plastic because the sounds of it resonates inside. That of course is not an issue with this one because any resonation is dampened out.

I purchase my helmets with costuming in mind (501st member) so I’m looking for light and wearable. Back in the day when I first preordered this I was intending to start a FOTK armor build but now post-TLJ I’ve kind of lost interest in that, but that’s a different discussion. It will go on display in a detolf with my other helmets and to answer your question I don’t feel the need whatsoever to get a fiberglass version. Partially because of the cost and the fact that though it may be a big upgrade the only one who would ever see it that would really know that there was a difference would be me.

Last edited:
Why oh why did I order from Anovos?! I just checked my order on their site and realized they charged me $50 for shipping! I didn't notice because I had the $25 coupon and intro price so it was still less than $250 all told, but still, in this day of "free shipping" their prices for "shipping and Handling" should have gotten me my helmet by now!

Why oh why did I order from Anovos?! I just checked my order on their site and realized they charged me $50 for shipping! I didn't notice because I had the $25 coupon and intro price so it was still less than $250 all told, but still, in this day of "free shipping" their prices for "shipping and Handling" should have gotten me my helmet by now!
It's a learning process.
Unfortunately.

To paraphrase Gregor, this could have been conducted in a collegial atmosphere...

I understand why further action was necessary. Will see what happens when revised deadlines arrive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back